Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of going to leeds to study childhood studies! Is anyone else thinking of going to leeds ? 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes me too, looking to apply for electronics with nanotechnology. have you looked into accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I went to the open day , central village was fantastic, there where only built in 2012 and a new block is currently getting built for 2014, there is also a gym membership included in it it's really good , have you looked at accommodation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Loved Leeds so much, it's my first choice I think. Want to do international business with marketing x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is already a thread for 2014 people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is my first choice too !!! I really loved it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellieboyes3)
    Yes I went to the open day , central village was fantastic, there where only built in 2012 and a new block is currently getting built for 2014, there is also a gym membership included in it it's really good , have you looked at accommodation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a shame i missed the open day due to coach timings. Ive looked at oxley residents they seem to be the cheapest. I might consider other ones if i can be bothered to get a job

ReputationRep:
    Is it anyone's first choice ? I think it's mine! Everything about it was fab !! Especially the accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellieboyes3)
    Is it anyone's first choice ? I think it's mine! Everything about it was fab !! Especially the accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes it is also my first choice, however my parents aren't so keen on me moving out. Do your parents have the same problem as mine or are they okay with it? And as for the accommodation, i dont really care where i am as long as i have good flat mates and there are shops nearby. I ride a bike so the journey from the uni and the flat shouldnt be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is my first choice! It's so much better than the others I've seen, I want to do Aviation Technology w/ Pilot Studies, and everything - the course, facilities, accomodation, are way better than my other choices!

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Leeds to study Chemistry.. looks like a rather good uni

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Anyone applying to central village please be aware that there are also building works going on at leeds met adjacent to Block A (where I currently am). Whilst I do really like the building the noise does wake me up in the early hours and sometimes continues on Saturdays. I was not aware of this at the time of applying for Central Village in Jan, though I did receive an email about it in May/June sometime. I am not sure if the works will continue from Sep 2014 so it may be worth checking with leeds met first.

ReputationRep:
    i've got an offer from Leeds to study broadcast journalism, however it's currently my 2nd choice as i haven't actually looked around the uni and, due it to being a 6hr/£85 train journey, i'm not sure i'll get the chance to before i accept/decline my place! i'm just worried about going so far away from home to somewhere i've never been before and potentially finding out i hate the place! my first choice is UWE which is a lot closer, but not such a highly-regarded uni... any ideas on whether i should go for the (supposedly) better uni of Leeds or the (supposedly) better location of Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodles_95)
    i've got an offer from Leeds to study broadcast journalism, however it's currently my 2nd choice as i haven't actually looked around the uni and, due it to being a 6hr/£85 train journey, i'm not sure i'll get the chance to before i accept/decline my place! i'm just worried about going so far away from home to somewhere i've never been before and potentially finding out i hate the place! my first choice is UWE which is a lot closer, but not such a highly-regarded uni... any ideas on whether i should go for the (supposedly) better uni of Leeds or the (supposedly) better location of Bristol?
    Bristol does have some great nightlife, been there many times on holiday! Not sure what Leeds is like, but it seemed pretty nice as I've visited twice. I would really recommend trying to get a look at it, you can arrange a visit with them or go to one of the applicant days (not sure when - haven't been emailed yet).

It really comes down to your gut instinct, but you can only really be sure by actually going there - even if it's a lot of hassle, visiting it in person is invaluable, if it is perfect for you then you don't want to miss out, if it's not, then you don't want to mistakenly choose it. Perhaps try some other way of getting there? You've got till march next year to reply to your offers (well, usually), so try to visit it if there is any chance; but if not, try to look at as many pictures, guides, information about the uni as you can get your hands on.

Best of luck with your decision, let me know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    I have literally just allocated leeds as my firm choice! I can't wait for this year to pass so I can get then hopefully if I get in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodles_95)

Im in a similar situation aswell, i live a few hours away from leeds but if i do get an offer i will have to go

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got an offer to study International Relations at Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've come in late here, but I've got an offer to study Broadcast Journalism. So I'm ecstatic. Anybody else?

ReputationRep:
    Iv picked leeds already as my firm choice, to study childhood studies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oh fair enough! I'm going to put it as my firm, but I've still got interviews for my insurance, so I can't firm it yet...
    for insurance, Middlesex or Portsmouth?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.