The Student Room Group

What are people's current UCAS application situation ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kateeeee
Can I just point out that you quoted that you "****ed up" your interview, so what do you expect? I'm sure you're very able of doing the course you've applied to, and the unis obviously thought so too if they gave you an interview, but you can't just expect them to give you an offer, especially if you say you "****ed" it up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

^^ This. Of course you can be mad that you didn't get in, but you should think about ways to improve yourself, not ways to bash the system that works for so many other people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by czechmishaout
^^ This. Of course you can be mad that you didn't get in, but you should think about ways to improve yourself, not ways to bash the system that works for so many other people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Especially as she's all 'anti-UK' when there's over 200 individual universities. They are all different and will all pick people differently, due to league tables etc. The way she talks about the UK makes it sound like getting into Oxbridge is the same as getting into somewhere that's 100th in the league tables.

It just frustrates me because even though she got rejected, I feel that most universities for most courses are quite lenient at the moment, especially on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow that's so rude. I am so intrigued as to where she applied now. Do you know?

It's funny as a lot of the people on that thread will have offers. Being horrible isn't going to give her an offer haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha this is genuinely making me laugh so much.

Moral of the story: if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all (quote from Bambi :wink:) because it will only back fire on you. LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1284
Be the bigger person guys!
Got an email from Queen Mary today, instead of an interview I have to write a 2000 word essay on Dickens. Fun! Anyone have any idea how my performance on this will affect what their offer might be?
5/5 offers - so happy! Cambridge (Firm) A*A*A Bio natural sciences, Imperial (insurance) AAA chemistry, UCL, Durham, Bristol. So glad it's all over, except for meeting the offer!
3/5 offers for maths at Warwick, UCL and Southampton, 1 rejection from LSE and just waiting for Bristol. I think I'm going to be the last applicant Bristol will check.
Three offers, one rejection (from UCL, my absolute favourite, typically!), and one interview later this month :smile:
I've received 2 offers so far, both unconditionals. And while I'm sooooo happy about this, I know I'll be so much more disappointed when Edinburgh and St Andrews reject me :biggrin: Those offers boosted my ego to the sky, the fall is going to hurt! :biggrin:
Reply 1290
2 offers, 2 rejections not too bad. I have an offer of my first choice so I'm happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1291
Original post by mahad1912
That's amazing!
What unis did your friend apply to?

Posted fromTSR Mobile

I'm not sure I'm afraid :frown: I think one was in Manchester though and one was London based. I can never keep up where everyone is applying!
Got all my 5 offers just waiting to firm now.
Reply 1293
Original post by 3mmz
anybody got an offer from SOAS?

I sent my UCAS off on 18th November. Heard from SOAS on 24th Feb :smile:

What did you apply for?
Reply 1294
Anyone yet to hear from Sussex?

I have 3 rejections, 1 unconditional offer and heard nothing from Sussex... Want to firm my unconditional but think I should wait to hear from Sussex!

I'm so impatient! :/

Congratulations to all those with offers btw :biggrin:
Reply 1295
Original post by wozzle
I sent my UCAS off on 18th November. Heard from SOAS on 24th Feb :smile:

What did you apply for?

what course?

haven't applied there
Reply 1296
Original post by 3mmz
what course?

haven't applied there

Oh, sorry, thought you had applied to SOAS given you asked earlier in the thread :L or do you mean you've not applied to Sussex?
Reply 1297
Original post by wozzle
Oh, sorry, thought you had applied to SOAS given you asked earlier in the thread :L or do you mean you've not applied to Sussex?

nah i didnt apply for uni as i thought i would be taking a gap year but if my course is in clearing at a good uni i might go ahead!
soas was in clearing last year....hoping the same this year :biggrin:
Reply 1298
Original post by 3mmz
nah i didnt apply for uni as i thought i would be taking a gap year but if my course is in clearing at a good uni i might go ahead!
soas was in clearing last year....hoping the same this year :biggrin:

Fair enough, sounds sensible...! Hopefully see you there then :smile: best of luck with your exams this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by czechmishaout
I've received 2 offers so far, both unconditionals. And while I'm sooooo happy about this, I know I'll be so much more disappointed when Edinburgh and St Andrews reject me :biggrin: Those offers boosted my ego to the sky, the fall is going to hurt! :biggrin:
Congratulations on the two unconditionals, which uni's are they for? I'm also waiting for Edinburgh to do Politics, yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending