Turn on thread page Beta

a level physics without practical ( external student) watch

ReputationRep:
    i am 21 years of age having recently dropped out of university. i am looking to go back to doing my alevels to boost them up. i have contacted an exam centre who are willing to take me on for my exams. however, they only do edexcel. having done my physics on the aqa board. they also do not accommodate external students to do practicals which is where the problem comes, if i switched from aqa to edexcel and not doing a practical will it hamper my results at all and if so by how much. for example if i got an average of a B on my results with out the practical, how much would it push it down by?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    You don't say why you dropped out or what course you dropped out from?

Why do you want to boost your A-level grades? Is it to get on another course or because you want to look for work?

There are other options and qualification besides A-levels (if you want to go back to university) that may be more suited to your style of learning.
    For instance: Access to higher education or the NVQ route.

There is also the OU which many on here will condescend, but is no less valid and actually shows a lot of self determination (which employers love) if you succeed at the same time as holding down a full time job and other commitments. It has the added advantage of tailoring a degree to your needs and you can go do it at your own pace and budget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicL)
    i am 21 years of age having recently dropped out of university. i am looking to go back to doing my alevels to boost them up. i have contacted an exam centre who are willing to take me on for my exams. however, they only do edexcel. having done my physics on the aqa board. they also do not accommodate external students to do practicals which is where the problem comes, if i switched from aqa to edexcel and not doing a practical will it hamper my results at all and if so by how much. for example if i got an average of a B on my results with out the practical, how much would it push it down by?
    I'm fairly sure you don't get the AS/A-Level if you miss out the practical unit(s). So it's not just a case of taking a hit to the grade.

You'll need to find somewhere that will let you do the practical if this is what you really want to do. There are some places that are more or less set up for this specifically, but they charge rather a lot for it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 14, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.