The Student Room Group

UCL postgrad applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dolapo22
Yes Definitely! I pray we will receive good news...i won't be able to contain my excitement these next few weeks! :biggrin:

Oh absolutely! I have been so damn anxious all this while, can't concentrate on anything else much :tongue: hopefully we'll hear soon now!
Reply 181
Anyone heard anything for the conplex mphil/phd?
Original post by Ritabee
spoke to soon!!!!

I just got an invitation to interview. Good luck guys! Let me know.

Whoaa awesome! Congratulations and all the bestt! :smile: how did they invite you for the interview, through the portal or mail? And would the interview be telephonic or through video?
So excited for you! :smile:
Reply 183
Original post by supriyajoshi
Whoaa awesome! Congratulations and all the bestt! :smile: how did they invite you for the interview, through the portal or mail? And would the interview be telephonic or through video?
So excited for you! :smile:

It was by e-mail & the interview will be held by phone :smile: good luck!!
has anyone had a response from the 'psychoanalytic developmental psychology' MSc ?
Reply 185
Well done!!! Let us know how it goes....when is your interview?
Original post by Ritabee
It was by e-mail & the interview will be held by phone :smile: good luck!!

That is wonderful, you've given us a new ray of hope :P When is your interview going to take place?
Original post by helloniceotter
has anyone had a response from the 'psychoanalytic developmental psychology' MSc ?

Hi, have you been interviewed?
Reply 188
Original post by wakeypuzziegirl
I've applied and gotten acceptances at LSE, KCL and Edinburgh as well, but I'm leaning strongly towards choosing UCL. It is a hard decision and I'm hoping it's the right one!

I'm overseas, so quite nervous abt finding housing in London. I don't think I could live in halls because those seem to be catered for undergrads. I don't know anyone else to group and look for private flats, so most likely will apply for houses.

Original post by adl90
Congrats on all the offers! I got accepted at LSE and SOAS, waiting for KCL, I keep going back and forth between UCL and LSE! It's definitely a harder decision than I thought it would be!

I'll be heading over from the States too, I'm sure the houses will be great! I can definitely understand wanting to live with postgrads too!

Been wondering about accommodations myself as well, especially whether to live in student housing or to try and find a flat share. (Also debating mostly between UCL and LSE, and definitely agree that it's really hard to decide.) From North America over here too :smile:
Hello,
I am thinking of applying to UCL (Masters history course) in case my applications to other unis won't work out, do I still have a good chance if I apply now in March? It says on the website that it is advised to apply early, yet, the application deadline is in August? Do they hand out offers on a first come first serve base? Thanks!
Reply 190
Original post by supriyajoshi
That is wonderful, you've given us a new ray of hope :P When is your interview going to take place?

Hey! Haha I hope it goes well for you guys. I'll be interviewed March 20 ---I have to call them.
Reply 191
Applied for MSc Medical Anthropology, waiting anxiously. :s-smilie:
Anyone heard from MSc Economic Policy?
The only result I've seen so far is an acceptance on Grad Cafe from this past Friday...Doesn't seem like they did rolling admissions, but neither sending out all the offers/rejections at once. Very confusing....
Reply 193
Original post by nunugab
What course did you apply for? And do Kings require a downpayment if you accept their offer? If they don't you can always accept their offer and then reject it later if you get an offer from UCL (thats assuming you would want to do that and that Kings don't ask for a downpayment once an offer has been accepted).

I applied for the MSc in Research Methods in Psychology at UCL, and was accepted into the MSc Psychiatric Research at King's. Yes, King's requires a deposit of 2000, so I'm reluctant to pay it as I would hate to be out by 2000 pounds if I get accepted at UCL. I did get another extension on my offer at King's (until April 15th), so I realllllly hope UCL has a decision by then as I highly doubt King's will extend their offer yet again.
Reply 194
Hi guys, bit worried! My application became complete last Monday, and now it's been updated to 'being processed by admissions' I'm guessing that means I'll hear pretty soon - but it's only been a week? Seems a bit fast to make a decision. Keep thinking it must be bad news! How long do decisions usually take?
I'll be taking up a placed on the NERC DTP there in September :smile:
Reply 196
Original post by Mmmwehh
Hi guys, bit worried! My application became complete last Monday, and now it's been updated to 'being processed by admissions' I'm guessing that means I'll hear pretty soon - but it's only been a week? Seems a bit fast to make a decision. Keep thinking it must be bad news! How long do decisions usually take?

From what I gather, it depends on the department. Many of us have been waiting for a loooooong time (I'm on my 9th week). Either way, I think it would be a good think to know right away -the wait is the worst!
Reply 197
Original post by as437
From what I gather, it depends on the department. Many of us have been waiting for a loooooong time (I'm on my 9th week). Either way, I think it would be a good think to know right away -the wait is the worst!

9 weeks!? Wow. That sounds painful! Fingers crossed you won't be waiting much longer! Although I always think no news is good news :redface:

Could they update it with an invitation to interview? Or does it sound as though a final decision has been made?
Reply 198
Original post by Mmmwehh

I've seen somewhere on TSR that once your status has changed to "being processed by admissions" they will have made their decision already and you should check back on Portico after midnight which is when they'll show it:smile:
Original post by parparcita
Hi, have you been interviewed?

nope, i haven't heard anything. have you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending