The Student Room Group

UCL postgrad applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Original Name
I was going to suggest maybe a thread to find housemates in London? We could post our requirements e.g. quiet house, 20-30min from Euston etc ?

Yeah lets do this :smile:
Reply 401
Original post by Original Name
I was going to suggest maybe a thread to find housemates in London? We could post our requirements e.g. quiet house, 20-30min from Euston etc ?

Yes I think this is a very good idea! Maybe one specifically for UCL postgrads?
Original post by Cheska77
Yes I think this is a very good idea! Maybe one specifically for UCL postgrads?

I think it would be much easier to do one for everyone because limiting yourself to UCL postgrads might make it harder for people to find flatmates, and that way if people wanted just UCL postgrads to live with they can pick them out! I'll make one now and quote you int o it along with everyone else that has mentioned this :smile:
right - there is now a London housemate finder thread : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=47052484#post47052484
Just applied to MSc Computer Graphics, Vision and Imaging last Monday. Any other applicants/offer holders?
Hello Cheska. Congratulations! May I ask how long ago you sent your application? I'm waiting on an answer from them. :smile:
Reply 406
Does anyone know where I can find a break down of graduate destinations after graduating? Eg. how many people are employed, how many continue studying, how many are unemployed...?
Reply 407
Original post by 92DL
Does anyone know where I can find a break down of graduate destinations after graduating? Eg. how many people are employed, how many continue studying, how many are unemployed...?

From my prospectus:

2011 Postgraduate destinations:
67.7% work
4.4% work and study
14.7% study
7.4% unemployed
5.8% Not Available/other

I wish I could see more recent numbers...but that's all I've got!
Reply 408
Original post by mcstone12
From my prospectus:

67.7% work
4.4% work and study
14.7% study
7.4% unemployed
5.8% Not Available/other

Is this 6 months after graduation?
Reply 409
Original post by mcstone12
From my prospectus:

67.7% work
4.4% work and study
14.7% study
7.4% unemployed
5.8% Not Available/other

Thank you! I suppose this is all masters applicants? I hoped there was some break down per course. LSE does that which is very useful, as not all courses over the same prospects
Reply 410
Original post by 92DL
Thank you! I suppose this is all masters applicants? I hoped there was some break down per course. LSE does that which is very useful, as not all courses over the same prospects

I would assume 6months after graduation, however it does not say. It is the graduate prospectus so it may be all graduate students or just masters, I am not sure. Yes, I wish it had a better breakdown of programs. I'd be very interested about IPP, obviously.
Whoop! M.Sc Mechanical Engineering offer! :smile:

So excited!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 412
Original post by DannyAbba
Whoop! M.Sc Mechanical Engineering offer! :smile:

So excited!!!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations!!!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Original post by Spairos
Congratulations!!!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Thank you!
Reply 414
Thank you!

Do you have any plans for where to live?
Original post by Spairos
Do you have any plans for where to live?

Lol! Nope (._. )
Still awed by the offer, so haven't started thinking about that. Did you get an offer too? If yes, for which course?
Reply 416
Lol! Nope (._. )
Still awed by the offer, so haven't started thinking about that. Did you get an offer too? If yes, for which course?

PhD in Statistical Science :smile:

Well, you are welcomed to have a look at our thread here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=47062099&highlight=
:smile:
Reply 417
Original post by nicob87
Any international applicants? Seems to me the lot of you guys are from the UK. It'd be cool to know there are fellow foreigners applying to UCL as well :smile:

Brazilian here
Reply 418
Original post by nicob87
Any international applicants? Seems to me the lot of you guys are from the UK. It'd be cool to know there are fellow foreigners applying to UCL as well :smile:

According to my understanding around 40% of UCL students are non-UK students.
Hi,
I have received a conditional offer for MSc Econ which I will most probably accept! :biggrin: I am an international student too (from India).
Anybody else who has an offer for the same course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending