Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am 18 years old, I have applied to so many jobs but never get any replies. My CV has been checked a few times and I only apply to min wage jobs. I only have 9 months work experience at a small food place as a sales associate but still when I apply to similar jobs they reject me/never reply.

Anyone know what are the best websites to apply for jobs? How did you find your first job?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you apply for Royal Mail job? I got my 1st temp job for 3 months through recruitment agency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Didn't you apply for Royal Mail job? I got my 1st temp job for 3 months through recruitment agency.
    yeah but thats temp need something regular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtorevise127)
    Maybe they will keep you as regular

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they will keep you as regular
    nope doubt it they don't keep their xmas staff. How about you what jobs have you had prior to your christmas job?

ReputationRep:
    I am 18 years old, I have applied to so many jobs but never get any replies. My CV has been checked a few times and I only apply to min wage jobs. I only have 9 months work experience at a small food place as a sales associate but still when I apply to similar jobs they reject me/never reply.

Anyone know what are the best websites to apply for jobs? How did you find your first job?
    Hey man, I've been in this position before and it was so annoying! How are you applying for these jobs? CV or application form on a website?

Its worth noting that most online applications go through a screening process once you submit it, this basically means that a computer will check through your application to see if you meet the company needs and if you don't, the employer will never see your application and it will just be dumped. What i did was fill out the application how i'd imagine the employer would want me to, once invited to an interview that's when you can sell yourself!

Good luck in your job search!

ReputationRep:
    nope doubt it they don't keep their xmas staff. How about you what jobs have you had prior to your christmas job?
    A temp job is better than no job, it's something to put on your cv after which will make you a stronger candidate for full time jobs.

ReputationRep:
    hi, i'm in the exact same situation. I have applied to so many i have literally lost count of how many i have applied to - normally i hand in cv's with a covering letter related to that job however i never hear anything back! - by the time i check back they say the job has now be filled.

Is anybody applying for the x -mas temp jobs ????

good luck if you are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christopher23)
    Hey man, I've been in this position before and it was so annoying! How are you applying for these jobs? CV or application form on a website?

Its worth noting that most online applications go through a screening process once you submit it, this basically means that a computer will check through your application to see if you meet the company needs and if you don't, the employer will never see your application and it will just be dumped. What i did was fill out the application how i'd imagine the employer would want me to, once invited to an interview that's when you can sell yourself!

Good luck in your job search!
    I've handed out quite a lot of CVs at my local shopping centre. Yeah mostly online applications with some just asking for my CV and covering letter

ReputationRep:

there's always jobs available on tesco/asda's websites

ReputationRep:
    I never had a real job before.

ReputationRep:
    I never had a real job before.
    Can't say I was surprised

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If your struggling to find anywhere permanent then its worth going for a temp job. You can still look for permanent ones while you work at the temp one. Plus it gives you more to talk about in future interviews and fills a gap on your CV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)
    Can't say I was surprised

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh really?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.