Want to go to Japan in June/July Watch

Andylol
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys,

A housemate and I were thinking of hitting up Japan some time after we finish our exams and just before we graduate, which would be between June and July, for a couple of weeks.

I was just wondering if anyone has been there before and what places you'd recommend we go to? Any other ideas / tips would be awesome.

Cheers
IlexBlue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends what you're interested in seeing. The "cool Japanese technology" side or the history side? Traditional culture? Cities?
Andylol
Rep:
?
(Original post by IlexBlue)
Depends what you're interested in seeing. The "cool Japanese technology" side or the history side? Traditional culture? Cities?
We were thinking of going to Tokyo first of all, just to see what it's all about. We're up for anything really, but I've literally got no idea where to even begin looking for things.

Where did you go?
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Andylol)
We were thinking of going to Tokyo first of all, just to see what it's all about. We're up for anything really, but I've literally got no idea where to even begin looking for things.

Where did you go?
I've been to Japan before (it was back in 2009 I admit) so I may be able to help you out a bit.

If you're more into electronics, you should definitely head to Akihabara district, which is famous for good quality electronics. Harajuku, on the other hand is famous for its fashion, whereas Ueno and Yoyogi are well known for their parks. If it's traditional temples that you want though, you should head on over to Asakusa.

One of my favourite places in Japan was the town of Nara. In Nara, you get tame deer walking around and you can buy biscuits and hand feed the deer. It's really fun.

If you have any more questions, please PM me
Andylol
Rep:
?
(Original post by super_kawaii)
I've been to Japan before (it was back in 2009 I admit) so I may be able to help you out a bit.

If you're more into electronics, you should definitely head to Akihabara district, which is famous for good quality electronics. Harajuku, on the other hand is famous for its fashion, whereas Ueno and Yoyogi are well known for their parks. If it's traditional temples that you want though, you should head on over to Asakusa.

One of my favourite places in Japan was the town of Nara. In Nara, you get tame deer walking around and you can buy biscuits and hand feed the deer. It's really fun.

If you have any more questions, please PM me
I want to go back again some time in the future so I'd definitely want to do bits of everything just to get a feel. Maybe technology / anime related kind of things at the start and moving towards more of the traditional things just to make sure we don't spend all of our money on merchandise!

I know everyone's different but how much did you spend when you went to Japan?
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
June - rainy season, near constant downpour.
July - extremely hot and unbearably humid.

I would commend Japan to anyone for a visit. But these aren't the months I'd advise for it.

Also, Kansai>Kanto every time.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (156)
42.05%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (116)
31.27%
I don't have an opinion (99)
26.68%

Watched Threads