The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Predicted grades

I achieved BBC at AS but been predicted BBB when both of my B's have been very close to A grades, the course requirements of kent is ABB will I still have a chance of receiving an offer? I am studying Maths, biology and history and want to study economics (L100) ABB :frown: I am only 1 grade off which is pretty annoying
I have an offer of ABB to study English and American Literature and Philosophy at Kent, my predicted grades are BBB and my AS grades are BCD. I am doing retakes in the subjects I got C and D in, and my reference basically says that although my English teacher is being negative in predicting my B in English Lit (because I was literally a few points off!), everyone else at my school is confident I will get an A. My Philosophy teachers say in my reference that despite my D grade AS disaster (and that exam was a disaster!) it is not representative of my ability and they think I can get a lot better (B or higher) with retakes and A2, same with my Psychology teachers predicting me a B when I got a C. So what I'm really trying to say is that my AS grades are lower than yours, my predicted grades are the same and my entry requirements are the same and that I got an offer, so please don't worry. Definitely apply if there's a good chance you will end up with ABB, if you have a great personal statement, great reference and your predicteds are BBB and you're likely to achieve ABB. Don't be put off from applying because you don't have an A in your predicteds, chances are you will get an offer if other things are great and then it's just a matter of getting the grades! Good luck!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by fairylights95
I have an offer of ABB to study English and American Literature and Philosophy at Kent, my predicted grades are BBB and my AS grades are BCD. I am doing retakes in the subjects I got C and D in, and my reference basically says that although my English teacher is being negative in predicting my B in English Lit (because I was literally a few points off!), everyone else at my school is confident I will get an A. My Philosophy teachers say in my reference that despite my D grade AS disaster (and that exam was a disaster!) it is not representative of my ability and they think I can get a lot better (B or higher) with retakes and A2, same with my Psychology teachers predicting me a B when I got a C. So what I'm really trying to say is that my AS grades are lower than yours, my predicted grades are the same and my entry requirements are the same and that I got an offer, so please don't worry. Definitely apply if there's a good chance you will end up with ABB, if you have a great personal statement, great reference and your predicteds are BBB and you're likely to achieve ABB. Don't be put off from applying because you don't have an A in your predicteds, chances are you will get an offer if other things are great and then it's just a matter of getting the grades! Good luck!

Thanks a lot! well done for getting your offer and kent university btw!! and I hope I get my offer soon too (when I apply on Monday)! and my predicted grades are ABB I didn't get to see my reference but I hope its good, I just pray I get an offer now lol.
Reply 3
Original post by fairylights95

I'm in a very similar situation applying for Drama and English and American Literature with AS grades of BCD (Media, English, Drama; in that order). I'm going to be predicted either BBC or ABC (media is being debated) and am a bit scared to send off my application. But considering your circumstances were fairly similar to mine, this has made me feel a little bit more positive. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending