MSc in Engineering Geology at Leeds Uni Watch

Alexandros1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys, quite new around here. I have recently decided that I want to do the MSc in Engineering Geology at Leeds Uni, bearing in mind I've got a 2:1 BSc in Geography & Natural Hazards from Coventry Uni, so was wondering whether it's a good masters and what shall I expect.

Could do with a bit of feedback from people who're currently doing or done the same course and what would the employability perspectives be considering the graduation eventually.

Cheers.
Andyrobbo1994
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi mate
sorry but this is a tad irrelevant to your question. Im going to start my degree in geography and natural hazards at coventry next year, was just wondering if I could ask you a few questions on the degree? You know, from a students perspective.
was just wondering if the degree is highly sought after by employers?
why employers employ geography and natural hazards graduates?
was the degree fun?
Alexandros1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The degree is quite challenging and rewarding as it opens up a wide range of industries. I graduated with a 2:1 and since June 2013 I been working for DEFRA as a GIS technician and currently working as a customer service executive for a North American multinational which deals with pharmaceuticals, so that gives you an idea of how broad the industry out there. I would strongly recommend the course not only because it provides with lots of hands-on minded work such as labs and field trips, but also because it's particularly unique in the sense that you got two different scientific fields: environmental science and natural hazards/disaster management as there is no other geo*nat hazards course in the UK.

Overall I would say I enjoyed it but it was challenging at times, it is obviously not your average "colouring in" type of degree, considering that Coventry Uni climbed the ladder fairly quickly currently being ranked the 31st nation wide and the geography department is claimed to be ranked the 13th so that gives you an idea about the academic performance. Feel free to drop me a line if you want to know some more as I'd be happy to help if I can.

With regards to my actual topic, could anyone provide me with further information please? Many thanks!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (45)
60.81%
No (29)
39.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise