Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

The Male 'Fashion' Thread IV Watch

ReputationRep:
    What's the Asos fit with Oxford shirts like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    What's the Asos fit with Oxford shirts like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I find them to be a slightly smaller fit than Uniqlo. ie. if you wear small there you will need a medium. However, if you're tall, the arms may be too short which is the problem I have.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yay or nay?

ReputationRep:
    Question: If a belt's size is 34" does that mean that's the maximum waist size it can accommodate? Because there's obviously a range since it's a belt but I just don't know what the range is when it says the size is 34.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Yay or nay?

Please no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachz)
    Please no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :teehee:

I didn't go for it in the end, I did get this in the sale though which I did quite like:

Will go into town to look at shoes

ReputationRep:
    Yay or nay?

I wouldn't myself as I find Converse a bit uncomfortable, but go for it.

If your feet are that big though I wouldn't recommend getting them in that colour. Converse in general look a bit silly with huge feet.

I like the Atticus hoodie. Are you a pop punk fan? Guess I've never asked you about music :holmes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    I wouldn't myself as I find Converse a bit uncomfortable, but go for it.

If your feet are that big though I wouldn't recommend getting them in that colour. Converse in general look a bit silly with huge feet.

I like the Atticus hoodie. Are you a pop punk fan? Guess I've never asked you about music :holmes:
    Well I'm a size 11 (which is quite annoying) and I was looking into getting a darker colour but these were sale items. I'll pass on the green

Used to be, grown up since then

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm a size 11 (which is quite annoying) and I was looking into getting a darker colour but these were sale items. I'll pass on the green

Used to be, grown up since then
    If you're insistent on converse, have a look at some leather ones. They're slightly more expensive but look better in my opinion.

Personally, I'd save up and get something that will last you a lot longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narcissist)
    Trying not to sound too ridiculous but isn't that pretty spring/summer?
    Oh it defo is more spring/summer, I bought it as a going out top, plus it's made out of denim so it should keep me sort of warm? Plus if that doesn't work I have a leather jacket I can wear over it.

ReputationRep:
    Just bought this for about half price. Levis mid-season sale + unidays code

Name:  levis.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  80.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Yay or nay?
    Hell no please.

This mint colour is horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i've seen this Emporio Armani leather jacket but its out of season, so I can't find it anymore, so I'm trying to find something really similar to this. It doesnt have to be designer but I just want a leather jacket like this (below).

Name:  $(KGrHqV,!qMFHT,dTLq8BR65tfGFfw~~60_57.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  264.1 KB

So far the closest i've found is a jacket from Zara:
    http://www.zara.com/uk/en/man/jacket...1p1474006.html

I do like it but in store the leather has a slight Navy shine to it, which I don't like. So could someone please help me find a jacket.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    http://www.topman.com/en/tmuk/produc...03?bi=21&ps=20

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling like going clothes shopping tomorrow, might get some knitwear now it's a bit chillier but I know how much of a pain it can be to wash, saw a sorta hoody thing at work (River Island) so I might get that discounted, I know how controversial it is but there's some things from Hollister that I actually really like, might have to pop in tomorrow :ninja:

Oh and will also look for some nice aftershave/perfume (you know what I mean) for nights out and house parties, currently depending on Sure deodorant :lol:

Gonna make sure I keep check on this thread as I'm going to make a proper effort with myself this year :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willum Infanta)
    I'm feeling like going clothes shopping tomorrow, might get some knitwear now it's a bit chillier but I know how much of a pain it can be to wash, saw a sorta hoody thing at work (River Island) so I might get that discounted, I know how controversial it is but there's some things from Hollister that I actually really like, might have to pop in tomorrow :ninja:

Oh and will also look for some nice aftershave/perfume (you know what I mean) for nights out and house parties, currently depending on Sure deodorant :lol:

Gonna make sure I keep check on this thread as I'm going to make a proper effort with myself this year :woo:
    My Hollister stuff now just basically serves as loungewear. I'm not a fan of big logo tees as much as I used to be so I wear it round the house, plus they've started to wear out

Knitwear's good. H&M and Uniqlo currently have some very nice pieces. A massive H&M has just opened near my work which I've been in a couple of times.

As for a fragrance for winter nights, mine is Givenchy Play Intense. Coffee/chocolate. Lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Untitled by Margiela for this Winter for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    As for a fragrance for winter nights, mine is Givenchy Play Intense. Coffee/chocolate. Lovely.
    You tried this - http://www.theperfumeshop.com/pws/Pr...ProductID=6440

It's stronger than a skunk though so don't need more than 1-2 sprays.

Also what I came in to post, anyone recommend any good beanies for winter? And would it be overkill to wear one with a parka?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    Hi guys i've seen this Emporio Armani leather jacket but its out of season, so I can't find it anymore, so I'm trying to find something really similar to this. It doesnt have to be designer but I just want a leather jacket like this (below).

Name:  $(KGrHqV,!qMFHT,dTLq8BR65tfGFfw~~60_57.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  264.1 KB

So far the closest i've found is a jacket from Zara:
    http://www.zara.com/uk/en/man/jacket...1p1474006.html

I do like it but in store the leather has a slight Navy shine to it, which I don't like. So could someone please help me find a jacket.
    Thanks
    The Navy shine might just be due to artificial light, since deep blacks sometimes do look navy blue in certain lighting. But if I spot something I'll post it up! You're looking for the sort of racing jacket type with padded arms right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    You tried this - http://www.theperfumeshop.com/pws/Pr...ProductID=6440

It's stronger than a skunk though so don't need more than 1-2 sprays.

Also what I came in to post, anyone recommend any good beanies for winter? And would it be overkill to wear one with a parka?
    Heard good things about A* but never tried it myself - the Pure Havane version is supposed to be excellent though.

I'll hopefully be Instagramming those Holte End steps tomorrow! COYS.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.