The Student Room Group

EARLY YEARS Dissertation ideas- please help!

Hello :smile:

I'm new on here and am about to start the dreaded year 3 dissertation! My subject is Early Years (0 to 5 years) and I'm really struggling to define what I want my title to be! I will be working in a children's centre so thats where I will conduct my research.

Main ideas:

- parental influence on children (needs to be more specific!)
- how parenting styles affect children's social/emotional development
- child behaviour and parenting - is there a link?
- young childrens perceptions of their parents and parents views on their own parenting

I'm not sure if any of the above are good ideas? or if anyone has done a dissertation on child development/parenting before? I'm mostly interested in how parents affect their children in terms of good/bad parenting etc.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be really grateful! :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
I did an HNC in child care last year, I did my graded unit on the settling in process for kids at the pre-school section of the nursery i has placement/was working in. It involved talking about bowlby's attachment theory as it related to kids with strong bonds being able to explore their environment more. I can't remember more specific ideas than that, but if you're interested I can look it out as a reminder/for details :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hello I want to do my dissertation but I need help which topic is good I’m doing BA eduction and care please give me some idea for dissertation
Reply 4
Hello
I want to do my dissertation can you please give me which topic is good for dissertation I’m doing BA education and care I need your help
hi I am looking at a similar area for my disitation could you elaborate on this .
Original post by peedie pixie
I did an HNC in child care last year, I did my graded unit on the settling in process for kids at the pre-school section of the nursery i has placement/was working in. It involved talking about bowlby's attachment theory as it related to kids with strong bonds being able to explore their environment more. I can't remember more specific ideas than that, but if you're interested I can look it out as a reminder/for details :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there, I find the topic you choose very appealing and very practical, I would love to hear more about how you found this topic and was it easy to research. Any assistance would be greatly appreicated. :-)
Original post by Buzzy Bees 007
Hi there, I find the topic you choose very appealing and very practical, I would love to hear more about how you found this topic and was it easy to research. Any assistance would be greatly appreicated. :-)

zombie thread alert
Reply 8
Original post by lucylu262
Hello :smile:

I'm new on here and am about to start the dreaded year 3 dissertation! My subject is Early Years (0 to 5 years) and I'm really struggling to define what I want my title to be! I will be working in a children's centre so thats where I will conduct my research.

Main ideas:

- parental influence on children (needs to be more specific!)
- how parenting styles affect children's social/emotional development
- child behaviour and parenting - is there a link?
- young childrens perceptions of their parents and parents views on their own parenting

I'm not sure if any of the above are good ideas? or if anyone has done a dissertation on child development/parenting before? I'm mostly interested in how parents affect their children in terms of good/bad parenting etc.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be really grateful! :smile:

hello
i am doing the same course as u
i am on my second year
i am really struggling
i hope u can help me pls

Latest

Trending

Trending