The Student Room Group

Attention whore friendzones me, then doesn't leave me alone

We've been seemingly close friends for much of the year and I totally fell for her. She's incredibly beautiful, she makes me laugh, we've both been single for a while, I know her to make her smile, we share so many common interests, we've spoken daily for months often being each other's wakeup call in the morning and last person to speak to at night. She has become a daily fixture in my life.

Now she's sleeping with some guy and I went through the bloody roof. I have hinted many times over the last few months how I feel about her and all she'd say is "Thank you for the compliment :smile:". She supposedly made it clear that she'd friendzoned me and I am not her type at all.

Anyhow, we had a massive fall out, but within days we were talking again like nothing happened. And now she's parading this new f*** buddy of hers all over the internet like some sort of trophy and I've lost all respect for her. I'm sure her friends think she's an idiot too 'cause they're not even commenting/liking it.

I have been too available to her and equally she's become such an important figure in my life, so many of my positive emotions have been based on her presence.

However with what she's been doing the last few days, I'm unsure whether to stick around and pretend everything is hunky dory, wait till it blows over (they won't last forever), or whether I should cut all ties and move on?

I don't want to talk to her right now because I'm angry. I feel like I'm being used, I compliment her and take interest in her life, it's almost like I'm supplementing her emotional state while some dude supplements her physically. I wanted to do both. I want to see what she feels like when I am not around. What do you think is going to happen if I keep ignoring her? Should I start speaking to her again in a day or two? Should I make it clear after I have been ignoring her? She keeps messaging me and leaving FB wall posts and I've ignored them all. Most unlike me!
To be fair, i dont think she owes you anything, and you kinda come across as if you feel she does.

You said you take an interest in her life and compliment her as if you're entitled to something back just cos you do that. She is your friend, you're meant to take an interest in her life.

Unless she has specifically led you on, or given you signals, i fail to see what she has done wrong.

Clearly, you've been emotionally involved with this girl, but your mistake was only hinting and not outright asking. But if you suspected she wasnt into you the way you wanted, you should have stepped back from the whole scene.

If she is casuing you pain and grief (which clearly she is!), i think you ought to distance yourself from her. Its no good - and its certainly not healthy waiting around for her to break up with this other dude.

Even if she does, who says she is gonna want you in that way? Its just gonna go back to the status quo, and you dont want that.

No, much better if you cut her out for now. You'll only punish yourself otherwise.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
We've been seemingly close friends for much of the year and I totally fell for her. She's incredibly beautiful, she makes me laugh, we've both been single for a while, I know her to make her smile, we share so many common interests, we've spoken daily for months often being each other's wakeup call in the morning and last person to speak to at night. She has become a daily fixture in my life.

Now she's sleeping with some guy and I went through the bloody roof. I have hinted many times over the last few months how I feel about her and all she'd say is "Thank you for the compliment :smile:". She supposedly made it clear that she'd friendzoned me and I am not her type at all.

Anyhow, we had a massive fall out, but within days we were talking again like nothing happened. And now she's parading this new f*** buddy of hers all over the internet like some sort of trophy and I've lost all respect for her. I'm sure her friends think she's an idiot too 'cause they're not even commenting/liking it.

I have been too available to her and equally she's become such an important figure in my life, so many of my positive emotions have been based on her presence.

However with what she's been doing the last few days, I'm unsure whether to stick around and pretend everything is hunky dory, wait till it blows over (they won't last forever), or whether I should cut all ties and move on?

I don't want to talk to her right now because I'm angry. I feel like I'm being used, I compliment her and take interest in her life, it's almost like I'm supplementing her emotional state while some dude supplements her physically. I wanted to do both. I want to see what she feels like when I am not around. What do you think is going to happen if I keep ignoring her? Should I start speaking to her again in a day or two? Should I make it clear after I have been ignoring her? She keeps messaging me and leaving FB wall posts and I've ignored them all. Most unlike me!

Haha, so she is a whore just cos she rejected you? All of a familiar story to me. its obvious she just doesn't like you and only wants to have you as a friend, but nothing wrong with that. It's sad you can't get over this fact and have to insult her publicly...stop being immature...seriously you remind me of one guy a lot and I just have a wish to take his head and stick it up his ignorant behind.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
I have been in this position. A lot of guys have. However you're just butt hurt because you have taken a hit to your ego. There is no point in blaming her and tbf she made it clear that she just wants to be friends which doesn't happen much in a 'friendzone' situation. Best thing to do now is to just move on...and also do you really want to be with a girl who behaves this way?
Dude, you done the worst thing possible. You placed yourself in this position.

BUT, i have also been in this position before. What you need to do is get the **** out. That means stop talking to her, reject her calls, just stop contacting her.
Now she will realise what she is missing out. She either stays with her **** budy or she goes with you.
That is the only way to get out of the friendzone.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

There's nothing wrong with just being friends with her, it'll be difficult originally, with you caring about her and all, but at the end of the day I've always found being friends is better than nothing at all, and who knows, as much as people like to claim it's impossible, sometimes friends become more, make sure she knows how you feel though, without insulting her I'd suggest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by MancBoy
and also do you really want to be with a girl who behaves this way?

Ye, no I do not. Never saw this side to her before.

I spose it's not always easy to spot when someone is shy instead of not interested. I'm not the most forthcoming person in the world, me.

I did not see that I was owed anything btw, only that we got on really so well it would have been nice to pursue for more. We had a potential relationship starting :smile: Now I don't even know how to feel. Only that seeing them all over each other has been really, really tough and quite a shock. I never did anything because I was happy with how things were and I didn't know 'we' were under threat. I don't want to push away another potential friend though, I don't have many haha.

I once had a girl friend who I'd known for a year before I grew to like her. I was kinda repulsed by her at first, but we sooo nearly got together, if it hadn't been for her ex.........she was forcing herself on me for a long time but I resisted, and then when I was ready it was too late. Typical really :facepalm:
Original post by Spongebob'sPants
To be fair, i dont think she owes you anything, and you kinda come across as if you feel she does.

You said you take an interest in her life and compliment her as if you're entitled to something back just cos you do that. She is your friend, you're meant to take an interest in her life.

Unless she has specifically led you on, or given you signals, i fail to see what she has done wrong.

Clearly, you've been emotionally involved with this girl, but your mistake was only hinting and not outright asking. But if you suspected she wasnt into you the way you wanted, you should have stepped back from the whole scene.

If she is casuing you pain and grief (which clearly she is!), i think you ought to distance yourself from her. Its no good - and its certainl not healthy waiting around for her break up with this other dude.

Even if she does, who says she is gonna want you in that way? Its just gonna go back to the status quo, and you dont want that.

No, much better if you cut her out for now. You'll only punish yourself otherwise.

I second this!
Ultimate1 is that you?
Reply 9
Mods, pls delete this thread I have my answer.
Reply 10
Right. Let this be a future lesson. WHEN YOU LIKE SOMEONE, TELL THEM YOU LIKE THEM. Don't just hint at it or compliment them, directly tell them how you feel. When you do this, you save yourself a lot of heartache. The person can either reciprocate these feelings or tell you they're not interested. In this case, I say cut your losses and move on. She's not interested and you'll always want more - move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending