Nzrsaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Which is the less competitive university for theology/Religious Education?
FrogInABog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Judging by the people I know currently studying theology at Oxford, I'd say it's the safer bet :P

Jokes aside though, if you're really stuck (as in, courses are both to your liking, all else being equal), you might want to consider the application processes. Cambridge interview many more people than Oxford, so if you're a little weaker on paper, but strong at interview, the former might be the one to plump for. Also, it is worth noting that Oxford put more emphasis on GCSEs, and Cambridge take into account A Level UMS scores.

BTW, are you considering applying next year (because I think the deadline is today!)?
Nzrsaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by FrogInABog)
Judging by the people I know currently studying theology at Oxford, I'd say it's the safer bet :P

Jokes aside though, if you're really stuck (as in, courses are both to your liking, all else being equal), you might want to consider the application processes. Cambridge interview many more people than Oxford, so if you're a little weaker on paper, but strong at interview, the former might be the one to plump for. Also, it is worth noting that Oxford put more emphasis on GCSEs, and Cambridge take into account A Level UMS scores.

BTW, are you considering applying next year (because I think the deadline is today!)?
Hi, thanks for replying!

That's really helpful! I got A*A*AAAABBB at gcse so I don't know if that would be considered strong? I have never taken an interview before so I have no idea if I'm good or not :/
And no, I'm not applying for 2014 entry

Thanks for the help, and God Bless
Jamerson
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where did you end up applying in the end?
I've applied for Theology & Religious Studies at King's College Cambridge.
Micccol
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
@ Jamerson

Do you mind posting what the process is like and all that, as you go about this process?
Jamerson
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Micccol)
@ Jamerson

Do you mind posting what the process is like and all that, as you go about this process?
Sorry I haven't replied! I didn't get a notification from this threat, and I've only seen your post now by chance.

The process of Cambridge applications? After sending off my UCAS (before 15th October Oxbridge deadline!), Cambridge send you a 'Supplementary Applicant Questionnaire' to fill in - which is basically a bit like UCAS, but it allows them to gather more information from you that they might not have gotten from your UCAS.

I applied for King's college, and was invited to interview in Cambridge on 15th December, and was allocated Trinity college for a second-interview - which is of use if my application is pooled - which is when my college of preference can't offer me a place because they don't have space, but they believe other colleges should consider me.

Now I am just waiting for the 3rd January - when decision letters are posted to us. I will write back here again at that time - if anyone is still interested
Jamerson
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've only just been unbanned, just writing to follow-up and say that I received an unconditional offer for Theology at Cambridge
londinondi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jamerson)
I've only just been unbanned, just writing to follow-up and say that I received an unconditional offer for Theology at Cambridge
unconditional ! mad ! how was it
izzyd-c
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey! i knew it’s 5 years later but i’m really hoping to study theology at cambridge ( applying 2020 ) and was wondering what a levels you took, any advice or tips and if you enjoy it?
(Original post by Jamerson)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (124)
62.31%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.69%

Watched Threads