The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zuki
bull****

How would that even work? So they're already mid intercourse and she says "Oh no I don't want to do this stop" but you're already at climax and about to ejaculate. How do you even stop the urges at such a high level?

Why does being at climax prevent you from withdrawing?
Reply 21
Original post by Zuki
bull****

How would that even work? So they're already mid intercourse and she says "Oh no I don't want to do this stop" but you're already at climax and about to ejaculate. How do you even stop the urges at such a high level?

Oh, ok. She should've considered your urges before her discomfort. How selfish of her.
Reply 22
yes, it is a law that has been passed not long ago through a test trial, I remember reading about it in the paper. If a girl (or guy) gives you consent but then withdraws it during sex, you must stop or it will be seen as rape.
Reply 23
In the legal sense, yes - so yes. Obviously, you would have to allow for the short amount of time it would take for a guy to stop.
Yes. At the moment you withdraw consent, logically anything past that point becomes non-consensual.
Original post by Anonymous
He didn't stop, told me that because I'd agreed originally that it wasn't his problem if I changed my mind

It's rape :/ but what made you change your mind mid-way?
Reply 26
Original post by Andaxay
Oh, ok. She should've considered your urges before her discomfort. How selfish of her.

I didn't mean it to come across like that. I'm saying she should have been certain that she wasn't ready. Have you ever been on the verge of orgasm and just suddenly decided to stop? It's possible but unlikely. When you're horny you don't think straight.
Reply 27
Original post by Guitarded
Why does being at climax prevent you from withdrawing?

I can understand that if you're in the "throws of passion" (or at least you believe you are) and about to ejaculate, it might take a moment or two to process and react to the her request to stop. But when I say a moment or two, I literally mean something in the order of 2 seconds.

It's rape if he wilfully ignores her request to stop, which sounds like it was the case here.
Original post by Zuki
I didn't mean it to come across like that. I'm saying she should have been certain that she wasn't ready. Have you ever been on the verge of orgasm and just suddenly decided to stop? It's possible but unlikely. When you're horny you don't think straight.

Yes. It's really not that hard? What can be hard is putting your head on right to realise that the other person is being serious and genuinely wants to stop, rather than playing around. Once you do realise though, it really isn't that hard.

And I mean, surely someone not wanting to do it anymore is the biggest boner-killer. It'd sober you up fast.
Reply 29
If a girl needs to withdraw consent during sex you are a complete loser.
Yes its rape.
ya
Reply 32
Unless you stop when she withdraws her consent, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Zuki
bull****

Climax or no climax you are in control of your penis... if she says no don’t carry on just because it would be an inconvenience for you to stop. It’s not that you can’t stop you just don’t want to and that is rape... you'd just have to learn some self-control.
.. I mean I know it’s a little short notice for the guy to say the least but No means no
Original post by neal95
Why get the guy turned on in the first place it's so easy for women to cry rape sometimes,however with victims of rape I completely sympathise just the fact that sometimes women can lead men on

if a guys had his penis in u that's not just 'leading him on' is it...
Original post by WoodyMKC
If you gave me permission to put my winkle in your peachy pouch, whatever happens from then onwards is, quite literally, all on you.
Depends if you're satisfying her.
Reply 36
That is most certainly rape. Just like on Hollyoaks that time
If someone asks you to help them commit suicide by injecting poison into their veins, then they change their mind about dying but you continue injecting the poison anyway, is that murder?

Yes. Yes it is.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 38
Legal definition is:

1-(1) A person (A) commits an offence if—
(a) he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis,
(b) B does not consent to the penetration, and
(c) A does not reasonably believe that B consents.

So, going by the question, I see no issue with it being called rape if the other person continues to have sex. However, if it stops, then there should be no case.
Reply 39
Philosophically or practically speaking?

Latest