The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
anyone planning on trying rowing when they get here?
Reply 41
notyourpunk

Nooooo!!! Flee the evil of the boat club! Or you'll turn into someone like notyourpunk :p:

And start talking about domination, 18k ergs etc and bore everyone to tears.
Reply 42
notyourpunk

Me - part of the Cambridge experience, 'innit' ?
Reply 43
Row for Jesus... the finest boat club on the river with some of the best college support to be found!
Reply 44
Bekaboo
Nope - we were ready and waiting - we even abandoned our plan to go to the Bleinheim Palace Ball so we could be there... and then alas.... we received an email to tell us that since they were all so busy revising for exams none of the sports captains had been able to find a whole team. Bloody workahloics!

however our exams start earlier than yours as far as i'm aware which means that the sports day was something like the weekend before... Me and my friend bagshaw were in 'Orcsford' that weekend and there seemed to be something going on in jesus.
Reply 45
JHutcher
Row for Jesus... the finest boat club on the river with some of the best college support to be found!

Remind me how many headships your "dominating" boat club currently holds?
Reply 46
Helenia
Remind me how many headships your "dominating" boat club currently holds?

Something to the tune of 25/30 not including the run of ten which seemed to be omitted in the programme for the may bumps this year... yes thats a weather vein and a clock tower!

Currently not head of the river but very much a boating college... though likel everywhere we have anti-boaties... but i don't row or like many of the boaties but i do like the racing and my college; its also not LMBC.

Its all good fun

DOMINATION

lol
Reply 47
JHutcher
its also not LMBC.

There's your problem!
Reply 48
sTe\/o
There's your problem!

I know... i've attempted to be declared Special Needs and transfer to John's but they told me they only take people with special needs and low IQ's... aw well!

Is it true that John's row in red so that when the other boat clubs make you bleed you don't stain your clothes?
Reply 49
JHutcher
I know... i've attempted to be declared Special Needs and transfer to John's but they told me they only take people with special needs and low IQ's... aw well!

Is it true that John's row in read so that when the other boat clubs make you bleed you don't stain your clothes?

Mate, you should try again - as you say, we're very open to people with special needs, especially common ones like dyslexia. :wink:
Reply 50
Alas its not dyslexia but fat fingers
Reply 51
JHutcher
Something to the tune of 25/30 not including the run of ten which seemed to be omitted in the programme for the may bumps this year... yes thats a weather vein and a clock tower!

Currently not head of the river but very much a boating college... though likel everywhere we have anti-boaties... but i don't row or like many of the boaties but i do like the racing and my college; its also not LMBC.

Its all good fun

DOMINATION

lol

I think you need some help with reading. The question was how many they "currently" hold. Which run of ten were missed out of the Mays programme then? I'd love to know.

Yes, Jesus are a sporty college and yes, their boat club is good. But by God do they know how to go on about it. I actually had to support LMBC at some occasions this year just to make a point!
Reply 52
Lmbc?
Reply 53
Apagg
Lmbc?

LMBC = Lady Margaret Boat Club, the boat club for St. John's College. Popular legend has it that they are called LMBC because St. John's are banned from the river for attaching a spike to their boat and killing a Trinity Cox when they bumped them, way back in the 19th century sometime. The truth is that LMBC was one of the oldest clubs and was simply named in honour of the foundress of the college rather than the college itself. They wear lots of red and traditionally like to shout a lot about how great they are (with varying amounts of justification). This unsurprisingly makes them rather unpopular.

Jesus have had a run of a couple of good years, also have a significant amount of red in their kit and like to shout about "Jesus Domination" quite a lot. For some strange reason, this also doesn't make them too many friends :wink:
Reply 54
Helenia
I think you need some help with reading. The question was how many they "currently" hold. Which run of ten were missed out of the Mays programme then? I'd love to know.

Yes, Jesus are a sporty college and yes, their boat club is good. But by God do they know how to go on about it. I actually had to support LMBC at some occasions this year just to make a point!

Jesus were head of the river from 1875 for 11 years according to the boat clubs website. I did answer your question I do believe.
Reply 55
JHutcher
Jesus were head of the river from 1875 for 11 years according to the boat clubs website. I did answer your question I do believe.

Yeah, I think they just couldn't fit all the old ones on that one page, it's kind of squashed as it is! And you did answer it, but hid it behind another answer.
Reply 56
Helenia
Yeah, I think they just couldn't fit all the old ones on that one page, it's kind of squashed as it is! And you did answer it, but hid it behind another answer.

lol such skill perhaps i ought to be a politician
Reply 57
JHutcher
however our exams start earlier than yours as far as i'm aware which means that the sports day was something like the weekend before... Me and my friend bagshaw were in 'Orcsford' that weekend and there seemed to be something going on in jesus.

Mmmhmmm and how early can your exams honestly be? It was the first weekend in May!! (I'm not letting this go :wink:)
I'm intrigued as to what could have been going on... we had sports day without you guys but that would have been up @ Barts so not apparent in the college proper... Hmmm what else happened then?
Reply 58
Bekaboo

Mmmhmmm and how early can your exams honestly be? It was the first weekend in May!! (I'm not letting this go :wink:)
I'm intrigued as to what could have been going on... we had sports day without you guys but that would have been up @ Barts so not apparent in the college proper... Hmmm what else happened then?

Well I know that people had exams at the end of may before my first on the 31st. Lots of the sports people appear to have been finalists according to the JCSU people so its easy to see why they might have pulled out.

I thought it was a great idea, just wish it had been done on a bigger scale and there could have been room for supporters... perhaps we ought too do a whole college swap lol.

I extend an invite to any Oxford Jesuans to stay/dine at Jesus Cambridge.
Reply 59
JHutcher
I extend an invite to any Oxford Jesuans to stay/dine at Jesus Cambridge.

*cough* Jesubites *cough*

Latest

Trending

Trending