The Student Room Group

Please help in structuring source based AS Modern Europe History essays

Hi Guys I have two weeks untill my AS Modern European History exam.

The source based essay is on the origins of WW1

I was wondering how to structure the essay as we are given 5 sources. So do I write a paragraph for each source?

Please Help :confused:
Reply 1
Is this for CIE?
We did OCR, so I'll give what you need from what we had to do (I got an A):

DO NOT do a paragraph on each source, that's the wrong approach. Firstly, group the sources as to whether the agree with the question,might want to draw a for/against table and write the numbers/letters of the sources in so you can see.
Structure like this:
INTRO

Firstly, sources A and C agree with the interpretation that............(the one in the question).... Souce A for example says "quote" which suggests that....... This is also echoed in Source C which states "quote" adding to ......... However, Source A is unreliable/reliable because its written by....... and therefore weakened/strengthened by.......

On the other hand sources B, D and E disagree that........... and suggest that it was other reasons........(repeat as above)

CONCLUSION - which interpretation is stronger given number and strength of sources that support it?

That is what had to do for the OCR AS source essay on (Early) Modern Europe and our period was The First Crusade. I hope this seems familier, if not then your exam board may do it differently.
Reply 3
Yes I do CIE. Thank You very much Guys!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending