Has anyone tried TSR's new Study Planner?

Watch this thread
Professor Oak
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Just wondering if anyone has had the chance to check out TSR's new Study Planner? It's a study calender that organises your academic life for you.

By telling it what you study, when your work is due and which subjects you'd like to prioritise, it then auto-generates a study schedule . It can also send you reminders when you're due to hand in work or start a study session.

Name:  Study_Planner_TSR.gif
Views: 4061
Size:  26.6 KB

You can try it by clicking here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner/ or by clicking on the mint green banners on site. Let me know what you think!
Professor Oak
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
bump
blossomx
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Ooh it's actually really good! I really like it.
alex193
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Might see what it suggests for my (pretty full) schedule!
Professor Oak
Rep:
(Original post by LeaX)
Ooh it's actually really good! I really like it.
Awesome , glad to hear it's useful. Which part do you find the most useful? And is there anything you found a little un-intuitive?
Professor Oak
Rep:
(Original post by alex193)
Might see what it suggests for my (pretty full) schedule!
How's it looking? Key thing is to reduce the amount of study hours but be pretty brutal at the prioritisation stage--that way you should be able to focus on what's important :cool:
username1238259
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
It redirects me to the homepage so HELP.
Hanxa
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Trying to use the study planner, but the subject options are severely lacking. There should be an "Other" option for people on different courses so we can type in our own subject title.

It looks great for GCSEs and maybe most A-Levels... but not beyond. I thought this would be a nice look at my uni study time - to see how I am doing compared to the suggestions on the study planner, and where I can manage my time more efficiently with work as well as uni.

So for now, unless this planner is ever improved, I will stick to my Filofax and Google Calendar
ggjono
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
repeating commitments doesn't work for some reason ... trying to repeat my college time table though out the planner and its not working ...
Professor Oak
Rep:
(Original post by Mr...)
Hmmm that's not good, we've had a few reports of this. Let me look into this. It's just been launched so there will be a few bugs, I'll keep you posted on this issue--thanks for letting me know

(Original post by Hanxa)
Trying to use the study planner, but the subject options are severely lacking. There should be an "Other" option for people on different courses so we can type in our own subject title.

It looks great for GCSEs and maybe most A-Levels... but not beyond. I thought this would be a nice look at my uni study time - to see how I am doing compared to the suggestions on the study planner, and where I can manage my time more efficiently with work as well as uni.

So for now, unless this planner is ever improved, I will stick to my Filofax and Google Calendar
Hi Hanxa, thanks for this feedback. We know it's lacking for university level right now--it's primarily been rolled out for GCSE and A level as you've noticed . You can leave the subject area blank and add exams manually though--you don't need to click other. Hope this helps

(Original post by ggjono)
repeating commitments doesn't work for some reason ... trying to repeat my college time table though out the planner and its not working ...
Thanks for the feedback ggjono, we're just trying to replicate this bug now to get to the bottom of it. I'll update you when we've fixed it.
Professor Oak
Rep:
(Original post by Mr...)
Hello again , we're pretty sure we've fixed the issue you were seeing. Let me know if you have any more problems/what you think of the Study Planner
Hanxa
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Professor Oak)
Hi Hanxa, thanks for this feedback. We know it's lacking for university level right now--it's primarily been rolled out for GCSE and A level as you've noticed . You can leave the subject area blank and add exams manually though--you don't need to click other. Hope this helps
I tried leaving bits blank but it wouldn't save it. It would be great if there was a subject field where you just write in your subject (if it gets a uni update). That way we can add in course-specific modules. Also deadlines would be good to have to help prioritise study time at different times of the year.

Just some ideas. This would have been brilliant when I was doing my a levels...
Shady778
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Is there any way of saving the whole study plannar? and being able to use it offline.
Cluck
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
This looks pretty great, I might get some studying done at the weekend for once!
Dariaandahsfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I didn't know it even existed! Thanks for letting us know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ellsie98
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I love it! However, would it be possible to add the FSMQ Additional Maths? (The one I'm doing) is examined by OCR, and at the moment, I just have it set as GCSE Maths with a different exam date. Thank you
JWM14
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
It doesn't take 10 minutes breaks in to consideration, it doesn't spread out the times as I want to do 4 hours a day but not all in one go, how do I spread it out?
theJdog
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I actually find it so useLESS. I mean, when it generates, it organises things so BADLY. Like why would I want to do a whole day of Chem revision when I have an exam coming up for Psychology the next day??? For GCSE it was awesome because the sessions made a lot of sense like the placement and stuff (when I had a history exam, on the previous day it would show History revision sessions), but now it's a whole load of poo. And I CBA to individually place each study session. I wish it was like before, on getrevising.com, where the sessions where based on when your exams where (so if you had physics exam on lets say 20th of April, so then on the 19th of April the study planner would make the day dedicated to that exam. Now it doesn't for some reason, and it's become more complicated imo. Any ways to overcome this?

Moreover, when the exam is over for one subject, it will still have those subjects written (this happened with chem, so annoying) out, when I don't need to even do any revision for that damn subject because I've done the exam.
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Professor Oak)
Just wondering if anyone has had the chance to check out TSR's new Study Planner? It's a study calender that organises your academic life for you.

By telling it what you study, when your work is due and which subjects you'd like to prioritise, it then auto-generates a study schedule . It can also send you reminders when you're due to hand in work or start a study session.

Name:  Study_Planner_TSR.gif
Views: 4061
Size:  26.6 KB

You can try it by clicking here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner/ or by clicking on the mint green banners on site. Let me know what you think!
I think it's wonderful

Only thing I would say is that the times are dodgy to fill in - can't even put things in for 13:30 etc.
username1214455
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
It's not very good. It's really useless if you want to do less than an hour at a time of study, which isn't recommended anyway!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (167)
40.73%
The paper was reasonable (186)
45.37%
Not feeling great about that exam... (36)
8.78%
It was TERRIBLE (21)
5.12%

Watched Threads