The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

2014 Offers !

Anyone got any offers for Loughborough yet? I applied on the 11th and the wait is already agonizing! Any ideas about how quick Loughborough reply?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Really want an offer from Loughyyyy!!!! Waiting anxiously for English!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
In the same boat here for English! They're most likely going to be my insurance, the wait is killing me :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by TheAverageGatsby
In the same boat here for English! They're most likely going to be my insurance, the wait is killing me :frown:

Same with me! I got my offer from Nottingham today though, so the wait is slightly more bearable now! :P
That's great! :smile: I don't have a single offer yet and I sent off on the third, panic! :P
I sent off yesterday, I've got to wait for my reference to complete their part then it'll HOPEFULLY eventually get sent off fully. From a few people I know who are there, Loughborough take around a month to get back to us :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by TheAverageGatsby
That's great! :smile: I don't have a single offer yet and I sent off on the third, panic! :P

Thank you! i'm sure your offers will come rolling in soon! what unis have you applied to?

I really hope that we get offered a place at Loughborough - it really was beautiful! :P
Reply 7
Original post by _HollyBeech
I sent off yesterday, I've got to wait for my reference to complete their part then it'll HOPEFULLY eventually get sent off fully. From a few people I know who are there, Loughborough take around a month to get back to us :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

oooh exciting! I hate waiting for decisions from the unis! but a month doesn't sound too bad - I think we might just be able to handle that :') x
Original post by HollyOnIce
oooh exciting! I hate waiting for decisions from the unis! but a month doesn't sound too bad - I think we might just be able to handle that :') x

A month is a long time when you're waiting for something though! I'm so inpatient! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
A month is a long time when you're waiting for something though! I'm so inpatient! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean!!
Fresher this year (been here about a month) if you have any questions.

I got in through insurance needed ABB for Loughborough and got accepted with AAC.

Although, one of my flat mate's got in with BBC. Rumors around campus they let the largest amount of people in last year and were very lenient with grades if not re-directing people onto different courses.

I would recommend Loughborough as an insurance choice as they seem much more lenient about grades on the day than other top 20 uni's.
Original post by Mr-Brightside
Fresher this year (been here about a month) if you have any questions.

I got in through insurance needed ABB for Loughborough and got accepted with AAC.

Although, one of my flat mate's got in with BBC. Rumors around campus they let the largest amount of people in last year and were very lenient with grades if not re-directing people onto different courses.

I would recommend Loughborough as an insurance choice as they seem much more lenient about grades on the day than other top 20 uni's.

I know this is a question being asked incredibly early, but in terms of Halls, which is the best self-catered halls on campus? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this is a question being asked incredibly early, but in terms of Halls, which is the best self-catered halls on campus? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha having just come out of freshers and the famous "sing off" I feel like it's a sin saying anything other than my own hall's (Falk-Egg) however that's the budget self catered option which I got through last choice insurance so I'm guessing not what your looking at. My friend is in Elvyn Richard which is catered (Monday to Friday - only Towers includes weekends) and that is very nice and is constantly showing off about the catered food. Every hall has it's own "feel/culture" (some would say this is dependent on who can afford what) but I'm yet to meet anyone who HATES their hall so i'm sure you'll be fine wherever you end up.

WARNING: The applying for accommodation process at Loughborough is TERRIBLE. You will find out way after all your friend's at other uni's and don't be surprised when you get given your allocated time to log on to apply that your first 3 choices have gone. My friend's who applied through first choice had as much trouble as me (I found out where I was living 10 days before moving in). It was particularly bad this year as the building of Falk-Egg has been delayed so many are living off campus or in hotels for 2 months till it's built. I wouldn't let this put you off applying but just a head's up don't put all your egg's in one basket about getting a certain hall because I would say you have a 30% chance at most of getting it...
Original post by Mr-Brightside
haha having just come out of freshers and the famous "sing off" I feel like it's a sin saying anything other than my own hall's (Falk-Egg) however that's the budget self catered option which I got through last choice insurance so I'm guessing not what your looking at. My friend is in Elvyn Richard which is catered (Monday to Friday - only Towers includes weekends) and that is very nice and is constantly showing off about the catered food. Every hall has it's own "feel/culture" (some would say this is dependent on who can afford what) but I'm yet to meet anyone who HATES their hall so i'm sure you'll be fine wherever you end up.

WARNING: The applying for accommodation process at Loughborough is TERRIBLE. You will find out way after all your friend's at other uni's and don't be surprised when you get given your allocated time to log on to apply that your first 3 choices have gone. My friend's who applied through first choice had as much trouble as me (I found out where I was living 10 days before moving in). It was particularly bad this year as the building of Falk-Egg has been delayed so many are living off campus or in hotels for 2 months till it's built. I wouldn't let this put you off applying but just a head's up don't put all your egg's in one basket about getting a certain hall because I would say you have a 30% chance at most of getting it...

Hahha Thankyou! I thought it would be quite unorganised-ish! I know someone who's in Cayley but thats a Catered Hall and it's not the 'best-looking' of halls from what i've seen, in pictures etc etc. We've got ages till applying for accomodation anyway so I'll just have to see aha!
Reply 14
I sent mine on the 12 and I haven't gotten an offer either.
Reply 15
Original post by CurlyC
Anyone got any offers for Loughborough yet? I applied on the 11th and the wait is already agonizing! Any ideas about how quick Loughborough reply?

Hey!

I sent mine off on the 11h as well for Medicinal and Pharmaceutical chemistry and I've heard nothing back as well! Yes I agree the wait is insane! I just want them to give me an offer so bad! I've had an acknowledgement email though so I know they definitely have it! What have you applied for ?
Reply 16
Yay got an offer :-D

Politics with a minor (Year Abroad or Industry) - Sent off on the 19th of October and just need to pass my level 4 access course
Reply 17
I applied on the 17th October. Should I be worried that I haven't heard from them yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied on the 25th got an offer on the 31st so happy.
Reply 19
Original post by Tom-smith44
Applied on the 25th got an offer on the 31st so happy.

What for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending