So a couple days ago I got this stunners number

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
A couple of days ago a random interaction with a girl in a shopping center ended with me getting her number , i'm a bit clueless as to if she likes me or not because I was just having fun in the moment but she was extreeeeemely hot im talking straight 9/10 .

This is generally where I **** up so I just thought if anyone could give me advice as to how to start texting her , or what kind of approach I should take with texting her it would be grand.

Theres also something pretty bad I'm guilty of , when she asked me how old I was I told her I was 22 , which also turned out to be how old she is ... Im 17 :rofl: . But before you judge know that I look , and most importantly act a lot older than I am . I constantly get told how people would never think im 17 , how much confidence I have and how well I am doing for myself , so I doubt this will become a problem unless I make it one .

Im not really looking to get in a relationship with this girl , where of course it would be a major problem but I just want to take her out and get to know her really , so if anyone has any tips it'd be awesome !
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Whatever happens, there is a career in tabloid journalism waiting for you.
IlexBlue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To be honest, the fact you pretended to be 22 when you're 17 has already sealed the doom of this ill-fated attraction.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
Why did you even lie in the first place? Shes going to find out sooner or later that you're a schoolboy 5 years her senior so give up
Anonymous #1
Well if any 17 year old guy was in my position and he told the girl he was 17 their immediate reaction would be that the whole situation is perverse , ohh your such a baby etc , not good in my books
The Egg Militia
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Go for it bro. Though you should tell the truth sooner or later.

Ask for a meet up.
alexmagpie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well if any 17 year old guy was in my position and he told the girl he was 17 their immediate reaction would be that the whole situation is perverse , ohh your such a baby etc , not good in my books
Not to be harsh, but... you are. You might be mature for your age, but there are very few 22 year old women who would date a 17 year old boy - and for good reason. It will not be pretty when she finds out you lied, especially if anything sexual happens.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by alexmagpie)
Not to be harsh, but... you are. You might be mature for your age, but there are very few 22 year old women who would date a 17 year old boy - and for good reason. It will not be pretty when she finds out you lied, especially if anything sexual happens.
So when I turn 18 in less then 2 months a sudden change will overcome me where I'll become acceptable to date ? Nahh I don't think so . I work , study , even pay rent and I've experienced things that make me more of a man than many "men" so I don't really give a ****.
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A couple of days ago a random interaction with a girl in a shopping center ended with me getting her number , i'm a bit clueless as to if she likes me or not because I was just having fun in the moment but she was extreeeeemely hot im talking straight 9/10 .

This is generally where I **** up so I just thought if anyone could give me advice as to how to start texting her , or what kind of approach I should take with texting her it would be grand.

Theres also something pretty bad I'm guilty of , when she asked me how old I was I told her I was 22 , which also turned out to be how old she is ... Im 17 :rofl: . But before you judge know that I look , and most importantly act a lot older than I am . I constantly get told how people would never think im 17 , how much confidence I have and how well I am doing for myself , so I doubt this will become a problem unless I make it one .

Im not really looking to get in a relationship with this girl , where of course it would be a major problem but I just want to take her out and get to know her really , so if anyone has any tips it'd be awesome !
Really, you can't think of any possible other ways this will become a problem? "Fancy a drink?" "Ok" "ID mate?". Or when she asks what you've done since school and you have to make an elaborate life story up... sitcom esque.

Advice, tell her you lost your driving license a couple of days ago and are having to apply for a new one, could get you out a tight spot.
alexmagpie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So when I turn 18 in less then 2 months a sudden change will overcome me where I'll become acceptable to date ? Nahh I don't think so . I work , study , even pay rent and I've experienced things that make me more of a man than many "men" so I don't really give a ****.
Did I say 18 would be much better?

The bottom line is that even if you think it doesn't matter, lying is a ****ty thing to do because people should get to decide who they date - even if you think it's a stupid reason.

If you were honest with her and you she was okay with that I would have zero problem with you dating. But this will implode.
Anonymous #1
You guys make some good points about why I shouldn't have lied , its put me in a bit of a sticky situation now but hey she's not the only woman on my radar so its all good .

Cheers .
skotch
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wait till you're 18 to sleep with her... if you ever even get that far with her (I doubt it, seeing as you've blatantly lied to her face).
Bale90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wait another 2 months to text her then everything will be cool. Go for it!
Anonymous Coward
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think you should call her.
jay2013
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

So she's 22?
You're 17?
You're both over the age of consent?
She's hot?
She obviously likes you because she gave you her number.

If you can't date her, then do something else with her, if you know what I mean
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (0)
0%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (1)
25%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (0)
0%
No, I haven't received any communication (3)
75%

Watched Threads