The Student Room Group

GCSEs for film production

Hey guys I have to choose my GCSE options soon and know I want to go into film production (hopefully direction) or maybe a screenwriter, I've already a few short films and written some short scripts. My question is I have to pick four GCSE options, which ones would best complement a career path in film. I know I should pick what makes me happy but in all honesty I'm quite an all rounder which makes it more difficult and I just want a general consensus of what people think.

I have to pick one from:
French
Spanish

I have to pick one from:
Food Technology
Graphics
Resistant Materials
Textiles
Classical Civilisation (where we learn about the ancient world including fantastic stories such as Odyssey and Illiad)
Geography
History

I have to pick two from:
Art
Drama
Music
Latin
Sport Science
French
Spanish
Classical Civilisation
Geography
History

I kind of think I might go for four from: French, Spanish, Classical Civilisation, Geography, History, Drama and Music. I'm not sure which ones though and if you could say which any four you would go for, it would be extremely helpful. Thanks very much!
Reply 1
What you do next is more of the thing you should consider, if you're going to go on to do A-Levels then media would be a must but at GCSE point, as long as you have a good range, it's not as important as you would think.

Quick Reply

Latest