The Student Room Group

KPMG Audit School Leavers' 2015

I know this is a while off, but I'm currently resitting year 12 (studying A2 Accounting, A Level Mathematics, AS Business Studies this year, and A2 Business Studies and Further Mathematics next year) and want to get prepared for applying to the KPMG School Leavers' Scheme 2015 (most likely applying to Durham with the Manchester/Liverpool office).
Is there any tips any of you can give me on how to stand out from the crowd since I realise that resitting a year isn't going to go down too well? Also any information about what the course is like would be great.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Get the best grades possible, be a prefect/mentor/form captain/whatever, play sports for the school team. Main priority though is to get the best grades possible.
Reply 2
Original post by npaters0n
I know this is a while off, but I'm currently resitting year 12 (studying A2 Accounting, A Level Mathematics, AS Business Studies this year, and A2 Business Studies and Further Mathematics next year) and want to get prepared for applying to the KPMG School Leavers' Scheme 2015 (most likely applying to Durham with the Manchester/Liverpool office).
Is there any tips any of you can give me on how to stand out from the crowd since I realise that resitting a year isn't going to go down too well? Also any information about what the course is like would be great.
Thanks

I'm currently applying and have got to a final interview, from my experiences I feel that there's not much emphasis on grades so it's whether you can pass the tests and then impress at the interview so resitting a year shouldn't affect you if you have the right grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hey

I am also hoping to do the school leaver programme. I was wondering whether anyone knows the salary procedure ( like every 6 months) as I know that you go to uni too. If anyone knows please reply, as if I get accepted would I get a job during uni time to support myself financially.

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by rk72
Hey

I am also hoping to do the school leaver programme. I was wondering whether anyone knows the salary procedure ( like every 6 months) as I know that you go to uni too. If anyone knows please reply, as if I get accepted would I get a job during uni time to support myself financially.

Thanks

I believe you are paid a 12 month salary so do not need a uni job

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would getting a BBB at A-Level ruin chances of being accepted?
My GCSE's aren't exceptional, does the KPMG recruitment team take into account the person as a whole, such as relevant work experience and extra circulars?
What did you get for your GCSE's
Original post by Mad.About.School
What did you get for your GCSE's

A in Physics
B in Maths
B in English Language
B in History
B in Business Studies
C in Biology
C in English Literature
C in Religious Studies
D in French
D in Chemistry
D in Engineering

Yeaaah, when I said exceptional I meant 'my GCSE's aren't very good', atleast I meet the minimum requirements, I also have a lot of extra curricular stuff relating to Accountancy.
Do you think its still possible to get onto the scheme without Maths A-level? Im doing DT, business, psychology and geography and EPQ. I got an A in my maths gcses?

this is for 2015 entry btw :smile:
Reply 10
does anyone know when you can start applying for September 2015. ive looked online, one place says September, one says march; is that march 2014?!

on KPMG it referres to all the courses as 2014, are people still applying for this September?

also I didn't get the B in gcse English, I only got a C. but im extremely dyslexic, will that count?
Reply 11
also, if I apply to Exeter-London how often do you travel? like how often do you spend living at each
Hi all!

Good luck with your hunts and starting the scheme for those of you already with a place.

For those still looking or if you're wondering what to expect have a read through these reviews by apprentices of their school leaver experiences working in financial services and see what these schemes are about. Certainly worth having a look at!

Flick
I want to apply for next year but not sure when. I know they open in September but if I apply now, will this application be for this year or 2015?

Also, are the tests hard? I did some mock tests and they are killing me....
Since results day I have been looking into university courses for next year. Ideally I want to study accounting and languages at uni, however I have just discovered this leavers course and it looks really interesting! I got 8 1s in my Standard Grades and 5 As at Higher but I have not studied a business subject yet. However, this year I am planning to study Higher Accounts, French, Advanced Higher Maths and Young Enterprise. If I was to apply for next year I would like to go to Durham Uni and work in the Glasgow office. Does anyone know if applying to this would affect the number of courses I can apply for through UCAS? Also the starting salary in London is £20,000, what would it be in Glasgow? Also where can you do some mock tests? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Emilyd1997
Since results day I have been looking into university courses for next year. Ideally I want to study accounting and languages at uni, however I have just discovered this leavers course and it looks really interesting! I got 8 1s in my Standard Grades and 5 As at Higher but I have not studied a business subject yet. However, this year I am planning to study Higher Accounts, French, Advanced Higher Maths and Young Enterprise. If I was to apply for next year I would like to go to Durham Uni and work in the Glasgow office. Does anyone know if applying to this would affect the number of courses I can apply for through UCAS? Also the starting salary in London is £20,000, what would it be in Glasgow? Also where can you do some mock tests? Thanks! :smile:

Hi Emily,

As far as I know your ucas application is seperate from applying to this, so definitely go for it is my advice. The London office salary is the highest and so my guess is that Glasgow would be at least a few grand lower. There are no mock tests to do and practice on but the SJT test is pretty straightforward. Good luck and let us know what you decide. :smile:
Thank you for your help! My cousin is an accountant and used to work for KPMG so I'm going to see her to find out more before I go ahead but it definitely looks like a good option!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
When you choose the office how do the living arrangements work? Is it best to choose an office close to the university?
Reply 18
When you choose the office how do the living arrangements work? Is it best to choose an office close to the university?

Also is it a good idea to do practice tests online prior to the application?
Original post by Jay97

Also is it a good idea to do practice tests online prior to the application?

I think with the salary you are paid you have to use that for your accommodation near to the office. I think KPMG pay for your uni accommodation but not for your work. 😕 I don't know if that's correct that's just how I understand it to be 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply