The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Should I transfer university?

I'm currently studying 1st year business management at Northumbria but I keep thinking I should transfer to Newcastle uni due to its strong reputation. I achieved AAB in my a-levels and want to study to same course at Newcastle so I think I should be able to transfer directly on into the 2nd year at Newcastle.

Do you think it will benefit me much when applying for jobs, graduating from newcastle rather than Northumbria?
Reply 1
Do you meet the entry requirements at Newcastle?
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Ippy28
I achieved AAB in my a-levels and want to study to same course at Newcastle so I think I should be able to transfer directly on into the 2nd year at Newcastle.

AAB meets the minimum entry requirement for that course at Newcastle (as long as one of them isn't General Studies) but they also reqiure grade B GCSE Maths and English - do you have those?

Beyond meeting the initial entry requirments, you'll only be able to transfer if there's a place going spare *and* if Newcastle consider that your first year content is close enough to theirs. As they're higher ranking than Northumbria, they may not consider your first year to be the equivalent of theirs. Did you get a good first year result? Only Newcastle can tell you definitively, so you're better off asking them direct and not getting your hopes up unnecessarily.

They may ask why you didn't apply to Newcastle in the first place, so be prepared to have a logical answer for that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending