The 2014 FCA Graduate Development Programme thread Watch

nb206
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have searched the entire Internet and cannot find a single thread on the 2014 FCA grad scheme. Has anyone applied to this? How's it going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jelly*beans
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm assuming this is the Financial Conduct Authority? If so yes I applied! And I fell at the first hurdle. I didn't pass the situational judgement tests ( I always fail those things). Luckily it was the first part of the application so I didn't spend ages answering questions or anything.

Sorry I can't offer any info!

If you're like the look of the FCA grad scheme you should also look at the Financial Ombudsman Service, they hire a lot of graduates (I failed their situational judgement test too, sucksss)
nb206
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jelly*beans)
I'm assuming this is the Financial Conduct Authority? If so yes I applied! And I fell at the first hurdle. I didn't pass the situational judgement tests ( I always fail those things). Luckily it was the first part of the application so I didn't spend ages answering questions or anything.

Sorry I can't offer any info!

If you're like the look of the FCA grad scheme you should also look at the Financial Ombudsman Service, they hire a lot of graduates (I failed their situational judgement test too, sucksss)
That sucks, you should go on assessment day or something and practice! Where is the Financial Ombudsman service grad scheme, I can't find it?
Jelly*beans
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nb206)
That sucks, you should go on assessment day or something and practice! Where is the Financial Ombudsman service grad scheme, I can't find it?

Yeah tbf I've only done 2...I should really practice. I focused so much on practicing numerical and verbal reasoning tests I completely ignored the situational ones!

Ooops sorry that was a bit misleading, they don't have a gradscheme as such but when they recruit they have a lot of opportunities for graduates, so over the summer they recruited a lot of new case workers so it's worth checking their site every now and then to see if they've got any new opportunities. I know someone who worked for them as a caseworker and someone who works in HR and it sounds like they recruit quite often
nb206
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jelly*beans)
Yeah tbf I've only done 2...I should really practice. I focused so much on practicing numerical and verbal reasoning tests I completely ignored the situational ones!

Ooops sorry that was a bit misleading, they don't have a gradscheme as such but when they recruit they have a lot of opportunities for graduates, so over the summer they recruited a lot of new case workers so it's worth checking their site every now and then to see if they've got any new opportunities. I know someone who worked for them as a caseworker and someone who works in HR and it sounds like they recruit quite often
Ahh right fair enough, thanks a lot I will! Do you have any idea when they recruit for Autumn 2014 or will it be a lot closer to the date?
samb234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, i'm also thinking of applying. How did your application go?
nb206
Rep:
?
I am waiting for then to get back to me on the motivation questions, so just a waiting game at the moment!
artykreaper1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Im applying too! what area r u interested in? im interested in policy risk and research... something like that haha. will do the situational tomorrow, after revising a bit, lol, dont want to fail that one >.<
nb206
Rep:
?
(Original post by artykreaper1)
Im applying too! what area r u interested in? im interested in policy risk and research... something like that haha. will do the situational tomorrow, after revising a bit, lol, dont want to fail that one >.<
I am interested in insider trading and financial fraud. I have a telephone interview next week, does anyone have any experience of this?
robapoel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Guys I've applied for the 2014 Grad Scheme, and have been invited to complete an online further assessment, any idea what that is? I've already done a situational judgement test.
nb206
Rep:
?
Yes mate its a numerical test and logical. 20 questions in 20 minutes for the numerical and I can't remember for the logical but there's quite a lot of questions
history_geek
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've just had and passed my telephone interview, so onwards to assessment centre stage. I have to say that the website seems a little broken, though...
nb206
Rep:
?
Hi mate could you give me any examples of questions they gave you? I have my phone interview next week and I could really some Idea of what they ask!
f908
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
how long did it take for the FCA to get back to you after the motivational questions
nb206
Rep:
?
(Original post by f908)
how long did it take for the FCA to get back to you after the motivational questions
About a week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
nb206
Rep:
?
(Original post by history_geek)
I've just had and passed my telephone interview, so onwards to assessment centre stage. I have to say that the website seems a little broken, though...
Any examples of questions they asked you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Individual
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Phone interview next week! Does anybody know if there are one or two assessment centres after this stage?
deejay10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Individual)
Phone interview next week! Does anybody know if there are one or two assessment centres after this stage?
How long after you submitted the application questions did they get back to you with a telephone interview invite ?
Laura Duggan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by robapoel)
Hi Guys I've applied for the 2014 Grad Scheme, and have been invited to complete an online further assessment, any idea what that is? I've already done a situational judgement test.
Was that after the motivational questions? Just done the SJT and been asked to do the motivational questions but don't know if that means I've passed the SJT or not :confused:
grad2013
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have also received 4 motivational questions after SJT. I think this does not mean that you passed SJT. It is just a final part of application form. My email starts with this:

FCA - Invitation to complete final part of application form

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online situational judgement test. In order for us to find out more about you and your career aspirations, we would now like invite you to complete the following questions...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
66.57%
No (118)
33.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed