Why is it viewed as weird if a guy has a sex toy, but normal if a girl has one?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by n00bfi)
Why is having a fleshlight gross? You just clean it by rinsing and put it back; it's just proper cleanliness. It's like saying wearing clothes is dirty cause sweat gets into it. Well duh, but you just clean it, lol.
Its not the cleaning, per say. Although not an attractive image this is hardly much worse than the clean up after a more conventional approach. Rather it is the gross absurdness of a large ugly plastic substitute for a vagina.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bassetts)
. If someone found out a guy owned a sex toy (such as a fleshlight or pocket pussy) that he used to pleasure himself, he would immediately be viewed as a creepy loser. He can't talk about it among his guy friends because they would take the piss and ridicule him for the rest of his life.
Fortunately a lot of guys have moved on from that frankly ridiculous attitude. At my ruggerby club we often show each other our latest "pleasure tools" and pass on useful tips on how to get the most out of them. Quite often one of the guys will come back from a trip abroad with some amazing new kit which we are all allowed to try out. Happy times.
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not sure. We have these weird distinctions in society.
Misstery
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can honestly say I've never bought a sex toy and have never talked about them with my female friends.

But I get what you mean OP. I think it's just the difference in difficulty. I think it's fair to say that on the whole guys can climax easier without implements than girls. Also, what someone said about the presentation. A vibrator or a dildo, for the most part, is just a rounded cylinder. It's pretty plain, and what you see is what you get. A fleshlight is quite a violent depiction of a vagina and god knows what's inside. Thirdly, possibly just biased views in society. A girl pleasuring herself is usually presented as an erotic fantasy, whereas a guy doing the same thing...less so. You can come up for all kinda reasons for this, everything from societal conditioning to maybe the idea that hairy balls just aren't inherently sexy.
Dragonfly07
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because, unlike men, women have a hard time reaching orgasm so sex toys are like a means to get there. If a man has a sex toy the implication is that he's probably "addicted" to masturbation because he could essentially get himself off easily by other means.
OMGWTFBBQ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
in before patriarchy.
QwentyJ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Welcome to the dichotomies of modern society.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Le Nombre)
I don't know about you but my **** does not vibrate and nature has deemed that worthy of doing the job.
All nature needs you to do is impregnate the girl, so all that needs to happen is that you ejaculate. Nature does not require the girl to orgasm...
superstellanova
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally like to use my fingers instead of a vibrator when I'm alone. With that said me and my husband use a vibrator occasionally for foreplay. This week leading up to Valentine's day he asked if I wanted to go to a sex shop. So I thought hell this could be fun. He always lets me pick so I choose the rabbit. I thought we were done but instead he went to the pocket pussy section and picked one out. I was honestly shocked and confused. Once we started to head home he asked what's the big deal? You have a vibrator you play with so why can't I have one? The difference is we play with my vibrator together and yours is a pussy in a can to **** alone. I was and still am extremely insulted on so my levels. Once he knew I was upset he threw it into the trash. To late though the packaging was torn off and used obviously the day before when he bought it. Now I'm completely grossed out and turned off big time. I won't be surprised if he grabbed it out of the trash or would just go buy another one. So guys this Valentine's day or any other day don't buy a pocket pussy with your significant other unless your woman brings it up and wants to explore something different with you!
Patrick333
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No you haven't, you skirted around th3 issue of how society sees sexual men and hid it behind a bunch of nonsense. And I bet youre an
TheSpicyTriangle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bassetts)
I don't understand this. It's commonly known that most girls have some form of sex toy (such as a dildo or vibrator) that they use to pleasure themselves. Many girls may discuss sex toys privately among their girl friends but it probably isn't something they would openly discuss in front of guys. If you find out a girl has a sex toy, it is a little embarrassing for both parties but after a short while, you shrug it off as normal and carry on living your life. Overall it is seen as perfectly normal for a girl to possess as sex toy.

The opposite couldn't be more true for guys. If someone found out a guy owned a sex toy (such as a fleshlight or pocket pussy) that he used to pleasure himself, he would immediately be viewed as a creepy loser. He can't talk about it among his guy friends because they would take the piss and ridicule him for the rest of his life.

I don't get this difference. Somehow it's perfectly okay for a girl to own a sex toy and pleasure herself with a bit of plastic but once a guy has a sex toy, it's seen as creepy and sad and if any girl found out, she would probably never want to be your girlfriend.
I suppose it’s more expected that men have lots of sex while women are meant to “stay pure”
KitsuneKaos
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What is normal?... It's only weird if you make it weird. Sex toys are perfectly ok for everyone including us guys. They feel pretty good, if our girls can use one why not us... be comfortable with your sexuality. My girl gets turned on when I use mine and she in turn gets her vibe out, which then leads to the horizontal tango. Let yourself go and be free my friend.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (5)
5.15%
Uncertainty around my education (12)
12.37%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (11)
11.34%
Lack of purpose or motivation (13)
13.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (2)
2.06%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (4)
4.12%
Loneliness (8)
8.25%
Financial worries (2)
2.06%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (8)
8.25%
Exposure to negative news/social media (6)
6.19%
Lack of real life entertainment (5)
5.15%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (10)
10.31%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (11)
11.34%

Watched Threads