The Student Room Group

LNAT Essay- Will This Mistake Make a Difference?

Hey guys,

I just took my LNAT today and found out afterwards that got the last name of a certain policeman I quoted completely wrong in the essay... I also thought I read he was the chief constable of Birmingham, when it turns out he is the chief constable of Durham... He's been cited in newspapers frequently lately, so a simple search will reveal my mistakes. I just really don't want the readers to think I tried making up the quotes. Do you think this will affect the way they evaluate my essay?

Really anxious :/
Reply 1
I'm sure it'll be fine, honestly there's no need to worry about it. Also it's done now so just focus on your school work and other stuff
Reply 2
Original post by iano101
I'm sure it'll be fine, honestly there's no need to worry about it. Also it's done now so just focus on your school work and other stuff

you're right. there's nothing i can do about it anyway. i'm taking a gap year at the moment, so i'll just concentrate on my internships... wish you all the best if you still haven't taken your LNAT yet!
Reply 3
Original post by dawn25
Hey guys,

I just took my LNAT today and found out afterwards that got the last name of a certain policeman I quoted completely wrong in the essay... I also thought I read he was the chief constable of Birmingham, when it turns out he is the chief constable of Durham... He's been cited in newspapers frequently lately, so a simple search will reveal my mistakes. I just really don't want the readers to think I tried making up the quotes. Do you think this will affect the way they evaluate my essay?

Really anxious :/

I misquoted Gandhi in my essay, it didn't make any difference. You will be fine!
As long as the essay was well planned the universities are looking for people that can write good essays to a standard that can be developed for a degree in Law - they're more interested in how you write rather than factual knowledge - as long as it wasn't too far stretched (which it wasn't) you'll be fine :smile:

Good luck to everybody sitting their LNATs!! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by TheLightBulb
As long as the essay was well planned the universities are looking for people that can write good essays to a standard that can be developed for a degree in Law - they're more interested in how you write rather than factual knowledge - as long as it wasn't too far stretched (which it wasn't) you'll be fine :smile:

Good luck to everybody sitting their LNATs!! :smile:

thanks! good luck to you too (if you haven't taken the test yet)!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending