The Student Room Group

Does the order of your choices on UCAS matter?

I have KCL, Manchester, Manchester, UCL, Soton - I would be happy at any of these. Do I need to place them in preference order? My friends from school seem to think we do need to put them in order but we haven't been told anything like that at my college. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
As far as I'm aware it doesn't matter and when I added mine they just randomly ordered themselves. I also don't think it's possible to order them anyway, besides Universities wont know what other Universities you've applied for.
Literally impossible to put them in a specific order so I bloody hope not.

(P.S. The answer is definitely a no by the way. End thread.)
UCAS reorder them in order of their university codes (which is *sort of* but not quite alphabetical).
Your universities aren't even allowed to ask you about what other institutions you applied for, so no it doesn't matter what order you put them in to UCAS.

Source: Got 5 offers last year through UCAS and I randomly put my choices in :smile:
Ucas reorganise them automatically. When I did mine, you had to put them in order of preference and they all got a photocopy of the original paper form, reduced from A4 to A5 size, so you had to write very neatly. You only got one form as well, but there was no ps, so that was a plus. Of course, this was before most of your parents were born... :frown:
Reply 6
You can't arrange your choices in order of preference on your UCAS application; on UCAS they're arranged in terms of their university code.
Reply 7
Thanks everyone
can u still not order your choices for uni? is this still the rule?
Original post by mansnothot
can u still not order your choices for uni? is this still the rule?

Put them any order you like. They won’t see the order.

You choose a top choice after they’ve all made offers/rejections.

Quick Reply

Latest