Turn on thread page Beta

Do I have too many ear piercings? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have quite a few ear piercings, 6 on my left ear and 5 on my right. I used to have my nose pierced also but it closed a few months ago, and I also have my stomach pierced. I'm 20 years old. I was wondering whether it looks slightly over the top? I was considering getting 1 or 2 more on each ear but I was also thinking I might let a few of them close. I like the fact I don't have any facial piercings, and imo I don't really think it looks trashy, as I can just hide it with my hair or take them out when I want. What are your opinions on multiple ear piercings on girls?Here's my ear piercings:

ReputationRep:
    You have more than enough in your ears (in MY OPINION) and I don't think you should get more

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I never understood why one on each ear wasn't enough...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think hoop earrings look right with studs, if they were all studs then I'd say it looks fine and actually quite nice I'm not really a big fan of piercings but as you said, earrings can easily be removed/hidden so it's not a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly the only thing I would say is to be careful you don't wear heavy/big earrings as they just drag your ear and the piercings down. You'll regret it later. I would wear all studs.

My sister has a lot of ear piercings but she wears all little studs and takes them out for work.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't something I'm too bothered about either way, but if I had to pick an ideal ear (not something I imagined I'd ever type) it'd probably have one piercing at the most.

ReputationRep:
    My ideal ear (lol) would be one that has no holes. I kid you not my grandma have got such holes; a bloody bullet can go through it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You don't have too many. You just have awful jewellery and even worse placement.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the circumstances. Too many for a job interview? Yes. Too many for a student party? No.

ReputationRep:
    It's like you stuck on random pieces, they don't even match. I hate pierced girls tbh.

ReputationRep:
    The ones in your earlobe are like sagging the ear and it looks bad, wear all studs, and get a bar somewhere theyre awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I kinda think that more than 2 in each ear is basically saying that your rebellious and following the crowd of supposably fashionable people(I'm not saying you are) but in my ideal world is one in each ear as it can be accessorised however you want it but personally I think more than 2 in each ear looks tacky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I was in school it was fashionable to have two or even three peircings in each ear and I begged my mum to let me get mine done again, now I'm glad she didn't and I don't think more than one in each is at all attractive.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see the picture (I'm guessing you removed it) but I like multiple ear piercings as long as they're done well, match/compliment etc. Also I think all studs are better once you start getting 3+ per ear.

ReputationRep:
    You can never have too many piercings if that's what you feel comfortable with. However, you do get to a point where it starts looking ridiculous, but hey, it's your choice.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few anti-multiple piercing people here, which is fine but I'm here to stick up for 'em As long as you don't go overboard they can look nice, I have 4 in each ear right now but, apart from firsts and seconds in the lobe, the others are in different places to each other. I like the asymmetry. It's down to individuals what they like and don't, multiple ear piercings can look classy if you wear nice earrings and compliment jewellery. I think there's a point you can get past when it starts looking a bit too much which is why I've stopped having them now.For those of the opinion that multiple piercings is trying to say "I'm an outcast but fitting in at the same time!" I got mine because I love how they look. That's literally it. I don't give two craps what everyone thinks I got them for, I got them because I like how they look, simple as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andaxay)
    I don't give two craps what everyone thinks I got them for, I got them because I like how they look, simple as.
    Why make a thread asking for a opinions then? Not to sound awful but you just completely contradicted yourself. If you love having those piercings, own it, do what you like, but don't get upset when people disagree with something that is considered controversial when you ask outright for their opinion. I get the feeling you are clearly having doubts about your piercings just by the wording of your title. And before it is assumed that I am also against piercings, I am not as I have about 10.

ReputationRep:
    My sister had 6 piercings in each ear but they got annoying so she stopped wearing them. I have my nose and ears pierced, piercings look cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KelseyLoveday)
    Why make a thread asking for a opinions then? Not to sound awful but you just completely contradicted yourself. If you love having those piercings, own it, do what you like, but don't get upset when people disagree with something that is considered controversial when you ask outright for their opinion. I get the feeling you are clearly having doubts about your piercings just by the wording of your title. And before it is assumed that I am also against piercings, I am not as I have about 10.
    Erm... I'm not the OP. Just contributing my own opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andaxay)
    Erm... I'm not the OP. Just contributing my own opinion.
    Apologies, Its late and I figured seeing as your were on the defensive that you were the OP. I totally take it all back, sorry man.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.