Doodlebean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me?
One of the pieces for my A2 English coursework is to write a short story on Entrapment, in the style of Angela Carter (for anyone that hasn't read Angela Carter her stories are quite pretty gruesome and sexual) basing it loosely on a fairytale.
I decided to do mental entrapment of a marriage maybe using Hansel and Gretel as the fairytale. I was hoping someone could expand on that idea for me. Any help would be much appreciated.
ridl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, I would love to help you out. I haven't read any Angela Carter books but I should hopefully still be able to help you come up with a general plot . I understand you would like this to be based on the Hansel and Gretel fairy tale but I'm not too sure what you mean by 'mental entrapment of a marriage.' Do you mean someone feels trapped in their marriage or somebody falls into the trap of becoming married (hahaha) or something else entirely?
jacs77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi there,
i would love to be doing this essay myself.

i would look at Margeret Atwood's short story called 'Bluebeard's Egg' which is about this theme.
The Piano' which has a play within the main story of the 'Bluebeard' theme. Excellent material for the basis of your essay and of course Angela Carter's 'The Toyshop'.

Good luck,
Jacqueline Ava Stubbings
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.68%
No (64)
38.32%

Watched Threads