The Student Room Group

'12' year wanted for questioning about attacks

This is horrific, I can't believe it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-24594563

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've just read this on msn news. I have a feeling that he might not be as young as he looks.That said , it's really shocking.
That's disgusting. He should playing Xbox or something, not sexually assaulting women!
The world is a sad, sad place when someone who looks 12 is sexually assaulting people.
Reply 4
Lol
Reply 5
Original post by Annie72
I've just read this on msn news. I have a feeling that he might not be as young as he looks.That said , it's really shocking.

I read it on one of the newspapers websites and I didn't believe it to be honest, but then I read it on other sites. I take solace in the fact this is an exception rather than the rule. It is so sad nonetheless. If I was his mum I would have to hand him over.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by meenu89
I read on one of the newspapers websites and I didn't believe it to be honest, but then I read it on other sites. I take solace in the fact this is an exception rather than the rule. It is so sad nonetheless. If I was his mum I would have to hand him over.

Makes me wonder what type of upbringing the lad has had. I know it doesnt excuse his actions, but I have heard that some kids who are sexually abused do this sort of thing. They become sexualised at a very early age and act in a sexual way towards others around them.
I didn't know 12 year olds were able to hold adult women down.
Reply 8
Original post by Snagprophet
I didn't know 12 year olds were able to hold adult women down.

I am going to guess he is probably older than 12, say about 16.
Original post by Annie72
Makes me wonder what type of upbringing the lad has had. I know it doesnt excuse his actions, but I have heard that some kids who are sexually abused do this sort of thing. They become sexualised at a very early age and act in a sexual way towards others around them.

or hes just a scumbag scrote getting his kicks by attacking women.

Though i agree his upbringing should be called into question
Scary **** - I go to MMU myself and so it's pretty worrying to think this kid's running around the same area, and is thus a potential threat to me or my friends.
(edited 10 years ago)
Muslim is he?

Perhaps his father has brought him up to believe that Western women don't dress modestly and therefore they're asking for this kind of thing.

I'd like to see him found and his family deported, if possible.
It is a bit alarming, but I'm at UoM and the first I'd heard of it was via BBC news. It's likely that he's local though - there's a large South Asian Muslim population very close by, and this kid is described as being of Indian origin - so I doubt they've got far to look. He'll have teachers who recognise him, even if the family close ranks.

It doesn't strike me as odd that a 12 year old could hold a grown woman down - I'm fully grown, but quite petite and there are kids of that age who are physically bigger than me.

I can't say it's going to stop me going out at night though - life goes on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
It is a bit alarming, but I'm at UoM and the first I'd heard of it was via BBC news. It's likely that he's local though - there's a large South Asian Muslim population very close by, and this kid is described as being of Indian origin - so I doubt they've got far to look. He'll have teachers who recognise him, even if the family close ranks.

It doesn't strike me as odd that a 12 year old could hold a grown woman down - I'm fully grown, but quite petite and there are kids of that age who are physically bigger than me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I admire your courage :h:. I'm easily perturbed by stories like this in my area.
Reply 14
Original post by Origami Bullets

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're brave, I have to admit it would stop me.
Holy hell. He's not much older than my brother....
I really hope he's older than he looks.... otherwise he is one hell of a disturbed 12-year-old.
Reply 17
Original post by de_monies
Holy hell. He's not much older than my brother....

Someone in immediate family is about the same age, that was my reaction, and my mums when she saw me looking at his picture on the BBC website this morning.
The e-fit looks quite good. If someone doesn't hand him in, it's probably because they're trying to protect him or perhaps he's homeless? :redface:
OK I might be jumping to conclusions here but it's just really saddening to hear about someone so young doing something so disgusting!! :frown:
I hope they catch him so we can understand what's motivating him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending