The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Reading week??

Heard lots of rumours about there being a reading week at the end of October. Anyone know if this is true, or is it only for people on certain courses?
Reply 1
I don't have a reading week, I'm studying a BSc though. My term is 16th September - 13th December. Are you already here or thinking of applying? Cos if you're here, shouldn't you have looked up your term times ?? There's only one person I know here studying a BA, I've just messaged them to see if they get a reading week, cos I'm curious myself now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by tsruser123
Heard lots of rumours about there being a reading week at the end of October. Anyone know if this is true, or is it only for people on certain courses?
I don't get a reading week and my friend who does BA history says that he doesn't either.
Lool, rumours about reading week?! It's hardly restricted information!! But yes, most Unis have a reading week around this time
Reply 4
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Lool, rumours about reading week?! It's hardly restricted information!! But yes, most Unis have a reading week around this time

This is on the Portsmouth forum though and we don't have one.
I study Bsc psychology and i have a reading week for one lecture so i get an extra day off. I think that kind of thing is the most likely. You will know if you get one because it will say on your online timetable.
Would you guys LIKE a reading week?
Depends on your course. Some have them some dont, although I think there is talk at the uni of changing it so that they are all the same causee some people complain its not fair which makes sense. But yeah depends on each course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending