The Student Room Group

confused about nhs bursary and loan please help!

I will be going into nursing September 2014. I will be 23, living in a house share and classed as financially independent. I have no children or other dependants, just me. Could anyone in a similar situation to me please tell me how much you received for your bursary, and if you received a loan or grant on top of this? I have used the bursary and student finance calculator already and it tells me i'm not entitled to very much. My outgoings will be approximately £750 in cheapest accommodation I can find and travel to uni included. Will I be able to afford this? The student finance and bursary website just tells me what I 'might' be entitled to which isn't very helpful. Any help appreciated thank you :-)
Reply 1
You'll get half of the non-income assessed loan.
I applied and got an income tested lone as I have been financially independent for more than three years. I had to prove it and got a breakdown of pay and tax from 2010 until present from HMRC. The bursary depends on your course, eg how many weeks it is. Mine is over 45 weeks so you get a little extra for that, also my uni is classed as London so again an allowance is made. For each year I received 3200 from student finance, which of course you pay back. And I got £6400 from nhs bursary. If you are unsure, call them! They were very helpful in the phone and went through my application with me. Good luck! Nicole xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending