LSE vs Harvard? Watch

This discussion is closed.
glelin96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have an offer for LSE and an offer for an interview at Harvard. Should I receive the offer for Harvard I'm not too sure what I should do. I have no problem with the tuition fees, and feel it will offer me more in regards to prospects. I just don't know if I'm up for moving to the states yet, Anyone done it before who can offer advice?
Mike_123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by glelin96)
I have an offer for LSE and an offer for an interview at Harvard. Should I receive the offer for Harvard I'm not too sure what I should do. I have no problem with the tuition fees, and feel it will offer me more in regards to prospects. I just don't know if I'm up for moving to the states yet, Anyone done it before who can offer advice?
Harvard basically trumps everything. LSE is still amazing though. Congratulations either way.
Reiss64
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's a tough one, but still, the prospect of attending the best uni in the world does sound kinda appealing besides, living abroad would be a fantastic experience!

Congrats on the offer and best of luck with the Harvard interview! :top:
anyotherworld
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For the American application process, an interview - unlike the Oxbridge process - does not mean that you have "made it to the second round." In most cases, an offer for an interview does not reflect how competitive your application is and has nothing to do with a guarantee of whether or not you will be admitted.

So technically, you don't have to choose yet. Harvard's offer will be unconditional if you do get it (like all other American universities) and will be given mid-December if you applied Early Action, and late March if you applied Regular Decision.

Go for the interview and see what happens!
kiirankapoor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Congrats! How have you already received an offer from LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SiMan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LSE!
glelin96
Rep:
?
I know how the process works. My invitation for an interview is merely a formality. My cousin is the interviewer. Ha!
Still have to go through the process though; can't be seen to be unfair now can it?
glelin96
Rep:
?
Applied last Tuesday and got an offer on the Thursday. Happy days!
glelin96
Rep:
?
Now have my offer for Harvard as well. Was kinda hoping I wouldn't get it to be honest! D:
Loretta_8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Now have my offer for Harvard as well. Was kinda hoping I wouldn't get it to be honest! D:
You are amazing... Any special talents that u hv?

Posted from TSR Mobile
glelin96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loretta_8)
You are amazing... Any special talents that u hv?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright grades, internships, contacts and extra curriculars. It isn't hard if you put in a hell of a lot of effort
yousuf5465
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Alright grades, internships, contacts and extra curriculars. It isn't hard if you put in a hell of a lot of effort
If you don't mind, can you please tell your gcse, As and A level predicted grades. Congrats on your offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
glelin96
Rep:
?
10A*'s and an A at GCSE, aaaab at AS and predicted A*A*A*A
123formyabc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What a levels are u doing sir and what course have you applied to ?
sjaan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Offers are not given out for Harvard yet.
glelin96
Rep:
?
Exceptional circumstances excluded. The alumni interviewer I had is a relative, so although the offer isn't official I've been told I can attend should I want to.
Mike_123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is how far knowing people gets you, everyone.
CurtisDean
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
like woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#Congrats

What did you apply to study?
schlili
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow, I'd really love to have your problems! But congratulations!
Anyway, I'd go for Harvard - for the whole "college experience" ... even though LSE obviously is great too
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mike_123)
This is how far knowing people gets you, everyone.
this

disgraceful really
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Guardian Offices, Kings Cross, London Postgraduate
    Mon, 2 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%