The Student Room Group

Career Development Loan - Changing Fulltime to Parttime

Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could guide me on the policies regarding CDL.

I have recently started a full-time Masters course, having taking out a CDL loan. The bank (Barclays) has already paid out half of the fees thus far.

However, I am in the process of notifying the university to switch from full-time (1 year) to part-time (2 years).

The original plan was to repay the loan after the course finishes (1 year), however, since it is a two-year course now; will Barclays allow me to repay the loan after finishing the part-time course or do I have to honour the original agreement and repay the loan on the initial agreed date which is after 1 year?

How flexible is Barclays in regarding to this?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by KevinMoney
Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could guide me on the policies regarding CDL.

I have recently started a full-time Masters course, having taking out a CDL loan. The bank (Barclays) has already paid out half of the fees thus far.

However, I am in the process of notifying the university to switch from full-time (1 year) to part-time (2 years).

The original plan was to repay the loan after the course finishes (1 year), however, since it is a two-year course now; will Barclays allow me to repay the loan after finishing the part-time course or do I have to honour the original agreement and repay the loan on the initial agreed date which is after 1 year?

How flexible is Barclays in regarding to this?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I know this is a long shot, but if you are still around, did you manage to get this sorted? I am in a similar position at the moment.

Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending