The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, I really like them. If I had the money for one and the dreaded insurance I'd buy one tommorow.
Reply 2
Original post by xEmm
No, I really like them. If I had the money for one and the dreaded insurance I'd buy one tommorow.

I have choice of 1 or 3 (new models)

paid for by father dearest, just wondering if I get base spec 3 or 1 with a bit more like self parking
Reply 3
Original post by jusdorange
I have choice of 1 or 3 (new models)

paid for by father dearest, just wondering if I get base spec 3 or 1 with a bit more like self parking

Does your dad want to buy me one to lol? You're lucky.
Depending on how old you are depends on if you get the 1 or 3 series just for insurance purposes?
Reply 4
Heck, wouldn't say no if someone was buying me one...
Reply 5
Original post by xEmm
Does your dad want to buy me one to lol? You're lucky.
Depending on how old you are depends on if you get the 1 or 3 series just for insurance purposes?

let me put it this way, money isn't the problem

25k is my budget, he can afford more but won't which is fair

just personal preference of a 1 vs 3
Reply 6
I quite like the E82 coupe, but never liked the hatch or the latest F20 series.
Reply 7
Original post by Mayden
Heck, wouldn't say no if someone was buying me one...

ye but u have choice of others
I think the coupe version looks better
Reply 9
Personally I think the 1-series is a bit like the slightly funny looking girl next door.... you suddenly get a huge crush on her :colondollar: and once you start going out with her, your mates soon get more than a little jealous.... :colone:

(I was loaned a 116i MSport in the summer; great car... almost bought a 118i MSport a few days later....)

T3
Reply 10
Photographed from the side i'm less of a fan, but from the front quarter view and just seeing it around I quite like it. Sort of small/cheeky but also meaning full. Dont like that coupe photo much, never seen one in the flesh.

As a driver of a E36 Compact, I sort of own a old 1 series...

Daniel
I love these cars!!! If I was buying a car this would be the one haha.
Reply 12
I prefer the coupé, the hatchback reminds me of a shoe.
116i and 118i and 118D are very slow cars..

My Corsa 1.8 is quicker than all three to 60 and to 100mph

They're a bit too heavy!
Reply 14
It's not just ugly, it's **** as well.
Stick a BMW badge on and hey presto, it sells, mainly to estate agents.
First world problems

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Né Stig
It's not just ugly, it's **** as well.
Stick a BMW badge on and hey presto, it sells, mainly to estate agents.

+1.

Couldn't have said it better.

Have no idea why anyone buys those (bar real estate agents as you said), considering there are much better cars in the same category for the same money or less.
Reply 17
Original post by Sgt.Incontro

Have no idea why anyone buys those (bar real estate agents as you said), considering there are much better cars in the same category for the same money or less.

well, what else is there? an A3?

the interior of 1 series is good
Original post by trident3
Personally I think the 1-series is a bit like the slightly funny looking girl next door.... you suddenly get a huge crush on her :colondollar: and once you start going out with her, your mates soon get more than a little jealous.... :colone:

That's it! When I first saw it was was like 'Errr No.' but then I started noticing them and now I think they look pretty nice!
Reply 19
They are ugly though the coupe isn't bad especially the 1M.

Probably wouldn't buy one myself though, I never buy the cheapest model a manufacturer produces and I don't touch the cheapest version of a model they manufacture. I suppose you could say I'm not into prat-editions of a car :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending