The Student Room Group

How have you decorated your room (halls)?

:smile: So I'm going to uni next year, and i'd love to know anything about how to decorate my room, what to bring, what everyone forgets and basically anything you can tell me about accomodation. Tips ect
I've put up lots of photos and cards on my walls, got a little whiteboard where I write my to-do's, a plant on my windowsill... and any spare space at the moment is taken up by work or other random, sentimental trinkets! I also have a few cushions, a blanket and a rug - they make my room feel warmer and cosier :smile: I would've quite liked to have brought fairy lights, but they're not allowed in my halls (fire hazard) - so check before you splurge on anything!

I'd definitely recommend earplugs, making a little first aid kit of paracetamol, cold & flu remedies, plasters etc (as when you're down with freshers flu the last thing you want to do is go out on a trek to find a Boots) and just as much stuff to make it feel like 'home' as possible, because then you settle in quicker :h:

If you want some serious inspiration/want to waste some time, check out the 'post pictures of your dorm room thread' here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1217395&x=0&y=0
Reply 2
Original post by lilmisssunshine13
I've put up lots of photos and cards on my walls, got a little whiteboard where I write my to-do's, a plant on my windowsill... and any spare space at the moment is taken up by work or other random, sentimental trinkets! I also have a few cushions, a blanket and a rug - they make my room feel warmer and cosier :smile: I would've quite liked to have brought fairy lights, but they're not allowed in my halls (fire hazard) - so check before you splurge on anything!

I'd definitely recommend earplugs, making a little first aid kit of paracetamol, cold & flu remedies, plasters etc (as when you're down with freshers flu the last thing you want to do is go out on a trek to find a Boots) and just as much stuff to make it feel like 'home' as possible, because then you settle in quicker :h:

If you want some serious inspiration/want to waste some time, check out the 'post pictures of your dorm room thread' here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1217395&x=0&y=0

This is cute!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I brought a rug, blanket and cushion from home. Put photos up on one of the walls, a map of the city and put markers at places I might need/want to go on another. I covered my pinboard with patterned paper/material because the off brown cork looked horrible. I put up fairy lights over my desk and covered a couple of the ugly wall pipes with plastic flower garlands- sounds tacky but my favourite addition to my room!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending