The Student Room Group

Help me !!

I've started AS level for a second year after failing my first year miserably. Recently i got my predicted grades at A, B/C, C, C, which i am NOT happy about, and I just really would love some help on what i could be doing in my spare time when not doing homework for these subjects: Sociology, Law, Art, English. Just wondering what extra stuff i could do, because im not a natural academic like some people haha
Original post by ChickensUnited
I've started AS level for a second year after failing my first year miserably. Recently i got my predicted grades at A, B/C, C, C, which i am NOT happy about, and I just really would love some help on what i could be doing in my spare time when not doing homework for these subjects: Sociology, Law, Art, English. Just wondering what extra stuff i could do, because im not a natural academic like some people haha

Welcome to the site! You're unlikely to find help for this in the Chat forum - that forum isn't really designed for specific questions like this. :tongue: I've moved your thread to the Study Help forums, where you should be able to find others who can help you. :smile:
Reply 2

Hey it seems a lot of people are doing the same combination as me xD I am an A2 student and I am doing English Combined, Sociology and Law! :P Granted I got BCC as overall, I would say do revision every day for like one hour a day seeing as their is no January exam and revising everything now would be pointless. Which seriously suck!

Though I am glad I passed, I know there are few things I could have done, like go through my notes for each lesson the minute I get hope, my law teacher told us of a guy who did that an got A* for everything! That dude is my inspiration :P Also best advice is if you dont know what is going on, ASK the teacher in class trust me I learnt that the hard way, this year I've been asking so many question it stuck now!

Um and just do past papers for every topic that is done and give it to a teacher to mark. For English the best thing to do is LEARN all the TERMINOLOGY!! I am retaking some exams so if you need help just ask :P Can I ask what board you doing for all your subjects?

Well hope that helped and good luck!
Reply 3
I think OCR for English and aqa for the other two, not totally sure though
Reply 4
I think OCR for English and aqa for the other two, not totally sure though

Then sociology is the only board we are doing the same, but it doesnt matter, the results are still the same :P If you need any help just ask, though I am not exactly someone that is THAT smart :colondollar: but you can always rely on me :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest