National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Laura45)
I'm in my first year of sixth form, and I hate it so much. I want to drop out but i don't want to regret my decision whatever I decide to do, and I don't know what I want to do.
By law I have to stay in full time education or have an apprenticeship or training until at least the end of the academic year in which I turn 17. I am already 17, so could technically leave after this academic year.
But basically, should I drop out of sixth form?

Thanks,
Laura
Hi Laura,

Hoping I can offer some help.

You need to be in some form of education until your 18th birthday but you do have a choice on what this looks like and it doesn't necessarily mean full time education.

It would be great if I could get to know a little more about your situation so I can offer advice, if you you're happy to get back me it would be great to know the answers to the following...

- what do hate about sixth form?
- do you know what career you would like to do in the future?
- have you looked into other options like other courses or apprenticeships?

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks - Sophie.
Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by National Careers Service)
Hi Laura,

Hoping I can offer some help.

You need to be in some form of education until your 18th birthday but you do have a choice on what this looks like and it doesn't necessarily mean full time education.

It would be great if I could get to know a little more about your situation so I can offer advice, if you you're happy to get back me it would be great to know the answers to the following...

- what do hate about sixth form?
- do you know what career you would like to do in the future?
- have you looked into other options like other courses or apprenticeships?

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks - Sophie.
post is 6 years old mate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.36%
No (313)
78.64%

Watched Threads