Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    right. im going to sheffield uni next year to do geography. does anybody know what the women are like at the uni or what the women:men ration is?

cheers

john

I have no idea what the Uni is like but I know that the women to men ratio is pretty good at around 2.3 : 1
    That stat is for the entire city though so you might have to venture off campus for some "extra-curricular" activities. The down side to the ration is when you compare it to Nottingham's, which stands at a frightening 4:1. So hopefully you are in no doubt where I am appying next year.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha fair play mate. to be honest 2.3:1 is gud enough for me
    nottingham eh? probably should have applied there. oh well
    take it easy

john

if you wanna pull go to cardiff.
    as the saying goes ''if you cant pull a girl in cardiff, you can't pull.''

ReputationRep:
    too late, i didn't apply to cardiff.
    if i dont get into sheffield i could always go to edinburgh, st andrews, manchester or leeds. any of those good?
    anyway, with my charm and stunning good looks, i should b sorted...

take it easy

john

I too have applied to Sheffield, for Accountancy & Financial Management and Mathematics.

Sheffield University student percentages correct at 1 Dec 01.
    Percentages of 16, 595 full time students.

Male UG: 37 %
    Female UG: 46 %
    Male PG: 9 %
    Female PG: 8 %

Sheffield University Male 46 % - 54 % Female

Sheffield Hallam University:
    Pecentages of 28, 249 students,

Female 13, 586 (48 %)
    Male 14,655 (52 %)

So in Sheffield of 44844 students from either University or the Boingys at SHU

Males: 22289 (49.7 %)
    Females: 22555 (50.3 %)

Not much in it really. Not saying there aren't more of the fairer sex in Sheffield elsewhere other than the Universities either.

Nottingham does have the best females in the country, trust me I know, I live 14 miles from the Worlds Best City and have seen the competition. The ratios are apparently about 4:1 as it has been stated earlier.

Sadly Nottingham is that bit too close to home.

i went to nottingham open day and during the introduction, the guy said that the ratio of girls to boys at nottingham is about 2:1,
    not 4:1. Its a rumour that there is a high ratio of girls to boys, but really, its not that big... though it still is big, since nottingham is a huge uni!!

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i've applied to sheffield as well for my firm choice to do super cool maths. I applied to Nottingham as well but the grades were too high. I hope to see you in Sheffield next year then, lol.

regards,

I never said that the ratio of women to men in Nottingham UNIVERSITY was 4:1. I said that the ration in NOTTINGHAM as a whole was 4:1.

I you are in doubt of that please feel free to look it up. The date of my info is 2001 (anyone else got more upto date).

hottest female students go to LANCASTER, according to a recent poll.

So now LANCASTER has been added to my list of possibilities!!!

Originally posted by Unregistered
    hottest female students go to LANCASTER, according to a recent poll.
    Haha, of course, QUALITY not QUANTITY, best if there's both

Have you ever been to Nottingham????

Definitely some "Quality" there (The Quantity is just a bonus)!!!!!

Any of u guys know what the ratios are like for salford and lincoln uni?
    Also whats the quality like? lol

thanks in advance
    Craig

ReputationRep:
    HURRAY, guess what people. i am Going to NOttingham . HAHAHAHQAHA . gonna have so much fun with the gals. ratio 4:1??? wicked. thats really heavy.

on average how many times a week do you have sex at uni?

ReputationRep:
    7 times dude

7 Times = Once a night

I would like to bet that I can beat that when I go.

:-)

ReputationRep:
    u wish

I wish not, but it will be reality very soon mate!!!!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.