The Student Room Group

Recent graduate confused about future

Hello everyone!

I have recently graduated with a 2:1 in German and International Relations in 2013 and I don't know what to do now after University.

I have applied for jobs that I don't like and have been rejected most of them time. I never thought that competition would be that fierce and even getting an entry level job were no qualifications are need are hard to get.

Does anyone have any advice on what I could do with my degree and find a job in the fierce employment market!

Cxx
Reply 1
Well Aldi would love a german speaker but thats tough to get and a horrible job
I'd imagine (the area manager position)

Civil Service and try and get towards the FCO - again very tough.

Move to Germany?
do a postgrad

do a conversion to law

teacher training

apply to jobs outside of the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by cinderella25
Hello everyone!

I have recently graduated with a 2:1 in German and International Relations in 2013 and I don't know what to do now after University.

I have applied for jobs that I don't like and have been rejected most of them time. I never thought that competition would be that fierce and even getting an entry level job were no qualifications are need are hard to get.

Does anyone have any advice on what I could do with my degree and find a job in the fierce employment market!

Cxx

Teaching? Security services, particularly GCHQ? EU civil service, either though College of Europe or European Fast Stream? Assistant to an MEP? An internatonal business, particulalrly German ones? Consultancy?

What interests you? It's hard to say without knowing really.
Reply 4
Original post by Le Nombre
Teaching? Security services, particularly GCHQ? EU civil service, either though College of Europe or European Fast Stream? Assistant to an MEP? An internatonal business, particulalrly German ones? Consultancy?

What interests you? It's hard to say without knowing really.

Thanks for your input. I am looking into teaching and at the other sectors you mentioned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending