The Student Room Group

Worth applying to Bristol? I got AABB at AS. Electrical Engineering.

Hi there. I achieved AABB at AS in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Physics respectively.

I have been predicted AAB in Chemistry, Physics and Maths (dropped bio)

I am confident that I can achieve an A or A* in Maths this year. I had to self teach it in 4 months last year!

Bristol asks for AAA-A*AB

Is it worth applying despite the fact I have not been predicted an A in Maths? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Mr Tall
Hi there. I achieved AABB at AS in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Physics respectively.

I have been predicted AAB in Chemistry, Physics and Maths (dropped bio)

I am confident that I can achieve an A or A* in Maths this year. I had to self teach it in 4 months last year!

Bristol asks for AAA-A*AB

Is it worth applying despite the fact I have not been predicted an A in Maths? Thanks!

Why don't you just ask for an A prediction?

On FAQs it says that you basically have slim to no chance of getting an offer unless you have the predicted grades (sounds harsh but it's actually on their website)
Reply 2
It's worth applying as one of your riskier options. Make sure you put it in your PS and get the referee to confirm that you self taught maths, and maybe try to convince your referee you'll get an A this year because you'll start learning the content earlier?
Reply 3
Original post by GeogBerry
Why don't you just ask for an A prediction?

On FAQs it says that you basically have slim to no chance of getting an offer unless you have the predicted grades (sounds harsh but it's actually on their website)

Is this true for other universities or just Bristol?

Thanks-
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Tall
Is this true for other universities or just Bristol?

Thanks-

Not all, but I know you have to at: Bristol, UCL and Exeter. Haven't looked anywhere else :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending