40.91%
Neither (1)
4.55%
pavelexpertov
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello guys, I have done some research for uni courses and I hit u-turn where I decided to go for software engineering courses rather than computer science ones. This is because I want to become a mobile app developer or software engineer and I do not want to learn anything extra from computer science. However, I want some debate in this post what are advantages and disadvantages (preferably who has done one of the courses). Thank you!!!!!!!
sjaan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A computer science degree is much more better and appreciated.

In SE, you mostly learn programming. In CS you learn the theory, algorithm's, data and almost everything required in a Software Engineering job.

Learning the theory of programming will help you understand programming more and you are able to apply the knowledge in your coding stronger.
zedeneye1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sjaan)
A computer science degree is much more better and appreciated.

In SE, you mostly learn programming. In CS you learn the theory, algorithm's, data and almost everything required in a Software Engineering job.

Learning the theory of programming will help you understand programming more and you are able to apply the knowledge in your coding stronger.
there's no real difference...both end up in the same place...

If you like or are good at programming, go into any of these. Which ever one you can get into...Try to get into the one which has stricter requirements. That means your class will be of a higher standard, and you might get to learn more in a more challenging environment...be more competitive.
nmr1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've found Computer science to contain more science (Physics and maths) and Software engineering to contain software elements from (computing, IT and stuff like that)
pavelexpertov
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks guys, I wish plenty of more people posted, but I have made my final decision to go with SE degree. Since I can not learn and be good at everything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
15.67%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (44)
32.84%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (13)
9.7%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
10.45%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
5.22%
I think it's an unfair expectation (32)
23.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed