The Student Room Group

Can anyone help critique my writing please? English is not my first language so pleas

Waking up, slowly lifting my eye lids, I was startled by the mysterious darkness and tranquility surrounding my jaded body. A ubiquitous scent of fresh wood and moist soil brought me closer to my alertness. As I was trying to sit up, the shuffling sound of leaves seemed to have also woken up the various neighbouring insects and hidden little creatures from their sweet naps. Suddenly there was this overwhelming wave of buzzing noise, then a path buried under leaves became vaguely visible in the light of millions of dancing fireflies. A dark creature flew swiftly across above my head with a sharp squeak that left a lingering echo, and a chill down my spine. It's a forest! A thought jumped into my mind which was quickly confirmed by the unsettling, shuffling sound of tree leaves tailing that echo. Casting my eyes further into the path ahead, it looked as though these giant, enormous trees surrounding me all have come alive, growing voraciously, attempting to pierce the dark velvet sky, just like the path ahead, stretching endlessly into the unknown, intriguing wilderness, calling for my brave exploration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending