jaseho98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello all,

I have to choose my IB options for an entrance exam and was wondering whether Spanish Ab Initio will be good towards university apps, or is it considered as one of those 'soft subject' similar to A levels as I am not too sure about it yet!

Any help appreciated xx

Jase
kathryn.a910
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends on whether you're currently taking/have previously studied a language. If you feel confident enough in whichever language you currently study/have studied that you would be willing to take it at A Level or AS Level, then pick that at Standard or Higher; otherwise I would definitely go for Spanish ab initio. It's definitely not a
username1464313
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jaseho98)
Hello all,

I have to choose my IB options for an entrance exam and was wondering whether Spanish Ab Initio will be good towards university apps, or is it considered as one of those 'soft subject' similar to A levels as I am not too sure about it yet!

Any help appreciated xx

Jase
Hey,

So I wanted to pretty much echo what kathryn.a910 said and add a bit. I did German Ab Initio and found no problems when it came to applying to University. Out of the 5 universities I applied to, 4 of them were Russell Group universities and all but one of those gave me an offer (I blew one of the interviews :P) So you shouldn't be worried about how it would look on your university application.

The only time it would affect your application is if you wanted to take Spanish or a course that states you need Spanish at a specific level. From a personal perspective, the languages just give the diploma part of it's international aspect so if you aren't interested in pursuing them past sixth form/college, ab initio would be perfect for you

Hope this helps
NancyRoseC
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, yea like if the course you wanna do requires an AS language or A2 then ab initio isn't for you but otherwise they really dont care!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (367)
84.17%
No (69)
15.83%

Watched Threads