The Student Room Group

Is it okay to abbreviate electrical and electronic engineering to EEE in a PS?

Title.
No.
Reply 2
Anyone agree or disagree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for all the ps helpers on this one.
Reply 4
If your really constrained for space and want to go with it for the risk, then nothing stopping you. But I would imagine you should use to full term at least once before abbreviating it

(Even then I think it's slightly iffy to use personally, but it's your PS)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Presumably not, unless it's a recognised abbreviation used by ALL the unis you've applied to. Also, it kind of looks at first glance like your grades might be EEE. Which you probably don't want.
Reply 6
Thanks for the replies I'll just stick to writing it the long way as much as I hate having 'and' twice in a sentence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Generally try to avoid abbreviating anything unless it's a well known abbreviation and it's the only way you can stay below the character limit.
Try to say the course title as little as possible after the first time.... mine was quite long so I just substituted 'this course' and 'this field' in instead to save on characters :P
tbh you shouldn't be mentioning it in this format in your PS - you should make sure your PS addresses BOTH electrical eng AND electronic eng distinctly

You don't need to quote the name of the degrees you're applying to - that's listed elsewhere on your form, and each part of EEE is a discrete subject that you should discuss on its own merits to explain what and why you are interested in studying the subejcts at degree level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending