s.khambatta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Was just wondering if anyone else is applying to do the ITMB course for September 2014 entry and if so, where are you applying etc? Thanks
TopBlogs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey!! I was thinking of applying for the ITMB degree too !!! But also for Computer Science.
And for ITMB, id probably apply for Manchester and Sheffield. I need help with my personal statement on writing that i have in interest in both ITMB and Computer Science.

Please could anyone help?????????????????
Thanks
s.khambatta
Rep:
?
(Original post by TopBlogs)
Hey!! I was thinking of applying for the ITMB degree too !!! But also for Computer Science.
And for ITMB, id probably apply for Manchester and Sheffield. I need help with my personal statement on writing that i have in interest in both ITMB and Computer Science.

Please could anyone help?????????????????
Thanks
ahh okee dokiee! well I'm just applying for ITMB so have tailored my personal statement for just that but i suppose if you focus more on the IT side of it. Although ITMB at Manchester is wayyy more business based than computing... if you look at exeter it is more computing based as although the course is the same, each uni focuses on either business or it more so....
tsimms
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I've applied for ITMB at Aston, Manchester, Hertfordshire, Northumbria and Derby. The course seems really interesting, can't wait to start receiving offers!
s.khambatta
Rep:
?
(Original post by tsimms)
Hi, I've applied for ITMB at Aston, Manchester, Hertfordshire, Northumbria and Derby. The course seems really interesting, can't wait to start receiving offers!
Ohh ok nice and neither can I. Although you may be a bit hesitant in Derby as I phoned them up and they weren't sure if they were 100% running the course so I didn't put it down. They most likely are but still

Posted from TSR Mobile
matnavin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Go for Manchester! I'm currently in my second year of study and we have a lot more employer contacts, especially with our Business Team Project modules. Employers actually fund and sponsor the module and you'll work on real life problems, unlike some other Universities that don't run this module. Also, some students from other Universities that are studying the ITMB degree said they wished they applied for Manchester.

If you have any questions regarding ITMB at Manchester or the ITMB degree in general (as I am an ITMB ambassador fo the degree) feel free to send me and email ([email protected] r.ac.uk) or message me on twitter (https://twitter.com/matnavin)

Hopefully to see you here in September,
Matthew
ITMB Student at The University of Manchester
tsimms
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really want to go Manchester but the requirements are a lot higher than my other choices! Currently working at BBBb and Manchester say AAB on their website, how lenient are they with this?
tsimms
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by s.khambatta)
Ohh ok nice and neither can I. Although you may be a bit hesitant in Derby as I phoned them up and they weren't sure if they were 100% running the course so I didn't put it down. They most likely are but still

Posted from TSR Mobile
ah man! Who knows, I think Derby call to make offers anyway so I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Where did you apply for in the end?
rkazi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I've applied to the ITMB course at Uni of Hertfordshire Anyone else applied there and got an offer yet?
matnavin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really want to go Manchester but the requirements are a lot higher than my other choices! Currently working at BBBb and Manchester say AAB on their website, how lenient are they with this?
I won't be able to find out until Monday about how lenient they are, but if you have any other questions feel free to email me [email protected] .ac.uk
s.khambatta
Rep:
?
ah man! Who knows, I think Derby call to make offers anyway so I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Where did you apply for in the end?
Ah okee dokiee.

I applied for Loughborough, UWE Bristol, Chichester, Oxford Brookes and Greenwich on monday and got an offer from UWE on wednesday where else did you apply?

I was going for Exeter but they never shift on their grades but theyve been in clearing before for this course...
chelseafan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Applying to Aston and Loughborough for ITMB.
MichaEsA
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Applied to UCL, Manchester, Sheffield, Queen Mary and Aston. Gotten offers from Manchester, Queen Mary and Aston. UCL is my first choice.
Tobyd96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm applying for ITMB 2014. Got offers from UCL, Exeter, Loughborough, Sheffield and Nottingham. Not sure which i want as my first choice though.
chelseafan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tobyd96)
I'm applying for ITMB 2014. Got offers from UCL, Exeter, Loughborough, Sheffield and Nottingham. Not sure which i want as my first choice though.
Congrats
What are you predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Tobyd96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks . I got predicted 37 points in the IB. Not really sure what that is in terms of A-Level grades.
Bobby Greenberg III
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Currently studying ITMB in my first year at Exeter. It's really worth it, learned so much stuff already
Rejiaku
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm first year ITMB in Manchester and although they ask for AAB. I got ABBC and I still got in. They are usually lenient with the grades. A friend of mine who is also in first year got BBB and they have her a place. I think it all depends on how many applicants they receive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
chelseafan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is this a 'soft' course?
Rejiaku
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chelseafan)
Is this a 'soft' course?
I think it depends on the university as each university might have different modules

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.21%
Not great so far... (218)
35.74%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.18%

Watched Threads