The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Fashion marketing portfolio help?

Hi!
So, I'm applying for Fashion Marketing at Northumbria as it looks lovely but one thing I am scared and puzzles by is the portfolio submission...
My other 4 choices don't ask for a portfolio or interview and therefore I am a bit confused as to what a Fashion marketing portfolio might look like or what they would want from it...
Can anyone help me by telling me what should be in it? Am I just drawing fashion designs or taking photos or maybe ways I'd market clothes?
Any help would be wonderful thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by deekay223
Hi!
So, I'm applying for Fashion Marketing at Northumbria as it looks lovely but one thing I am scared and puzzles by is the portfolio submission...
My other 4 choices don't ask for a portfolio or interview and therefore I am a bit confused as to what a Fashion marketing portfolio might look like or what they would want from it...
Can anyone help me by telling me what should be in it? Am I just drawing fashion designs or taking photos or maybe ways I'd market clothes?

Hiya, some uni's like to see a portfolio especially if they are more creative in comparison to others that are more business based... I'm applying for fashion marketing and am building up my portfolio at the moment. I'm just putting in designs, illustrations and various other imagery i have created on my course (I'm studying graphic design). I don't think it has to be fashion related though, I think its just to show them what your like on the creative side of fashion marketing.

Hope this may have helped :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by deekay223
Hi!

hi,
i'm in the exact same boat as you! But what makes it worse is that I don't study Fashion as an ALevel, I study Media.
This made me so unsure about whether I should apply for fashion marketing or fashion communication at Northumbria!

for the portfolio I'm just including my media work, photographs I have taken and also fashion related work such as designs etc, we've got until February to sort it properly anyway:smile:
Good luck!
Reply 3
I'm also applying to Northumbria for Fashion marketing. For my portfolio i'm including, photography, fashion designs, mood boards, drawing and print designs. What are your predicted grades and what a levels/ courses do you take?
Good luck with your applications!
Reply 4
Original post by Sophiet24
I'm also applying to Northumbria for Fashion marketing. For my portfolio i'm including, photography, fashion designs, mood boards, drawing and print designs. What are your predicted grades and what a levels/ courses do you take?
Good luck with your applications!

Pretty much the same as me then!
I'm currently studying English, Media, Law and an EPQ in fashion- my grades are 4 a's.
What uni's are you applying for Aswell!?
good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Thanks so much for all your help :smile: I've basically decided to change since a2 is already stressing me out I don't want to be stressed about an interview + portfolio and also Newcastle seems a bit far away!
I've applied to Leeds, LCF, DMU, Southampton and Heriot Watt :smile: Im taking History, Media and Psychology atm predicted ABBb
Reply 6
Original post by abbie_Xx
Pretty much the same as me then!
I'm currently studying English, Media, Law and an EPQ in fashion- my grades are 4 a's.
What uni's are you applying for Aswell!?
good luck :smile:

Oooo cool i do English too!, i'm also applying to Leeds, UCA, Central lancashire and Sunderland. Where else are you applying too?
Reply 7
I'm applying for Fashion Marketing at Northumbria too!! But I haven't heard anything back yet, have they sent out interviews yet?
Reply 8
And also has anyone taken part in the mini fashion project the uni set? I've sent my project to the admissions like it says on the website!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by aclayton3
And also has anyone taken part in the mini fashion project the uni set? I've sent my project to the admissions like it says on the website!

I haven't done the mini project yet!! Got an email for an interview two weeks ago asking to confirm a date

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending