The Student Room Group

Personal statement

guys, I've sent of my ucas application on the 15th and on the day I was rushing to make last minute changes to my personal statement. what I didn't realise is that I forgot the capital letters in the first paragraph. since admission tutors are really busy and try to find small thing to reject an applicant, do you guys think I should worry or am I just paranoid.
Original post by Siennarichards
guys, I've sent of my ucas application on the 15th and on the day I was rushing to make last minute changes to my personal statement. what I didn't realise is that I forgot the capital letters in the first paragraph. since admission tutors are really busy and try to find small thing to reject an applicant, do you guys think I should worry or am I just paranoid.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean you shouldn't be worried.

This is an interesting way to write something - type it all in lower case and add the capital letters later! Quite bizarre. A better technique would be to enter them at the appropriate places at the time you type the text, then you can't forget.

There is nothing you can do now so you should just forget about it.
I but "at different" instead of "by varying the" which I totally missed because they sound so similar but they have different meanings :tongue:

Don't sweat it at all
I did write the capital letters in the rest of my personal statement but few hours before submitting, I asked an English teacher to look over for punctuation and grammar but she changed few things on my opening paragraph (she told me to write using rule of three!!) and I did. when I told my science teacher right before submitting it, she urged me to change it back to my original opening and since I was rushing to type it all up again, I forgot the capital letters (I wrote chemistry instead of Chemistry).
Original post by Good bloke
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean you shouldn't be worried.

This is an interesting way to write something - type it all in lower case and add the capital letters later! Quite bizarre. A better technique would be to enter them at the appropriate places at the time you type the text, then you can't forget.

There is nothing you can do now so you should just forget about it.

I did write the capital letters in the rest of my personal statement but few hours before submitting, I asked an English teacher to look over for punctuation and grammar but she changed few things on my opening paragraph (she told me to write using rule of three!!) and I did. when I told my science teacher right before submitting it, she urged me to change it back to my original opening and since I was rushing to type it all up again, I forgot the capital letters (I wrote chemistry instead of Chemistry).
Reply 5

Unless you're referring to a specific course, then chemistry is not a proper noun and should not be capitalised.

e.g.
I am applying to study F100 Chemistry
I want to study chemistry
I wrote chemistry instead of Chemistry.

Well, you should be please you corrected at least one error then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending