The Student Room Group

Does anyone else have a imaginary life?

This may sound a little sad but I am curious to know if anyone else has another 'world' where they get to do whatever they want and it is much better than reality.

Scroll to see replies

Yes, it's basically the universe of Star Trek. I rather fancy living on Deep Space 9, but no Dominion War please. :awesome:
Sort of :colondollar: :teehee:
Yes! I imagine that I'm the person I've always wanted to be and I can speak my mind when in usually afraid to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by monsutagatorr
Yes! I imagine that I'm the person I've always wanted to be and I can speak my mind when in usually afraid to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha same here, phew I am not the only one.
Yeah whenever I'm walking anywhere I always go into an alternate world and imagine little scenarios. I think a lot of people probably do.
Reply 7
Yeah, sometimes I like to pretend I'm a 43 year old chartered accountant called Bernard.
Reply 8
Yeah I do and I gather so most people. It's nice to have somewhere of comfort in this big bad world, even if it is in your own head :smile:
Reply 9
Ermmmmm no.. what is the point?
Reply 10
If you mean like dreams, or if I just like to take my mind of things then yes.
Yep, I have a whole parallel life in my head where I'm still me but an idealised version of me and my life is completely different to what it is now. I've done it since I was a child - at first it wasn't me in the story, then I switched story and it became about me. I've been on my current story for about 7 years now and I can't imagine it ever changing now.
Reply 12
No. I think I suffer from a failure of imagination. :getmecoat:
Original post by mrhedgehog
This may sound a little sad but I am curious to know if anyone else has another 'world' where they get to do whatever they want and it is much better than reality.

Original post by miser
No. I think I suffer from a failure of imagination. :getmecoat:

You're thread upset a super-mod! that's an instant ban :P. You're not the only one though miser, a few people on here don't have.
I do, I make up imaginary scenarios in my head to help me get to sleep.

:colondollar:
Reply 15
Original post by Acceptable
I do, I make up imaginary scenarios in my head to help me get to sleep.

:colondollar:

I do it to help me go to sleep as well :biggrin:
Original post by mrhedgehog
I do it to help me go to sleep as well :biggrin:

Great minds! :wink:
Reply 17
Yes, all the time. I call it my parallel world - where everything I ever wanted has been granted and I am ****ing happy.
Reply 18
Why not do something to make what you dream/ your ideal "you" a reality? :holmes:

Unless it involves having wings or something, of course.
I used to imagine I was a character on Lost.

That probably went on for longer than it should've...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending