The Student Room Group

Never hear from her after agreeing a date!

I got talking to this girl on a dating website...blah blah blah...got her number then asked if she wanted to meet up and talk rather than text! I didn't hear anything from her for the rest of the day so....probably stupidly...sent her a text saying 'sorry if I scared you and was a little rushed, good look with your search!' Now, surely this is a perfect text for someone not to reply to if their not interested right?? But later on that day she replied saying she just had a crazy day and would like to meet up! Genuine interest? We arranged a day and activity! Now I haven't heard ANYTHING from her in two days, does this mean she's not interested? I'm going to give her a call tomorrow to finalise the date but not hearing from her makes me think I'm wasting my time as she's not interested!

Do any of you guys have an opinion on this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Message on the day of the date. "Hey, how's it going? Still on for today?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by granty09
I got talking to this girl on a dating website...blah blah blah...got her number then asked if she wanted to meet up and talk rather than text! I didn't hear anything from her for the rest of the day so....probably stupidly...sent her a text saying 'sorry if I scared you and was a little rushed, good look with your search!' Now, surely this is a perfect text for someone not to reply to if their not interested right?? But later on that day she replied saying she just had a crazy day and would like to meet up! Genuine interest? We arranged a day and activity! Now I haven't heard ANYTHING from her in two days, does this mean she's not interested? I'm going to give her a call tomorrow to finalise the date but not hearing from her makes me think I'm wasting my time as she's not interested!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It could be that she's not interested, or it could be that she's just busy. I agree with the comment above. Just send her a message on the day.

Also, it's 'good luck', not 'good look'. Sorry, I'm a grammar Nazi; I couldn't resist.
You said you would rather meet up and talk rather than text, then why do you expect her to do otherwise?

I know that if it ever came to online dating for me, I would much rather wait until meeting up until I could talk with her intimately than conversely continously via text or online messaging. Not only am I too busy for that nonsense, it's also a repetitive and unnatural way of conversing.
Original post by Nerol
Also, it's 'good luck', not 'good look'. Sorry, I'm a grammar Nazi; I couldn't resist.

Well, now I'm sorry to be pedantic but if somebody uses the wrong word that's a failure of lexical semantics not grammar.

For the OP: with dating websites you've got to be prepared for people to be a bit flaky. A text on the day is fine but unless you've really connected by messaging I'd say move on. She might genuinely be busy but if she's really into you she'd fine the time to text so I'd assume it isn't going to happen and try someone else.
She might be nervous to meet you (I would always bin guys off when they wanted to date, not because I didn't like them but because I was scared)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Move on son. Dont ever apologise to a woman.

She was fishing for attention and is doing it to loads of guys. She is not special, she just has a vagina and tits which you want.

Plenty of others around.
Honestly guys.

Not everyone texts all the time.

That doesn't make them flaky or stuck up or anything.

It just means they've got stuff to do and texting someone they've never met isn't high on their priorities.

Jeeze. Talk about over-analysing it.
Reply 8
Ooops, I promise you I did put luck, don't know why I said look, lapse in concentration! I realise most of you are saying move on, but does the fact that I got a message after the good luck one, mean that she does genuinely want to meet? After all, it was the perfect yext not to respond to if she wasn't!

I'm going to give her a call tomorrow and see if everything's still on! We'll see!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooops, I promise you I did put luck, don't know why I said look, lapse in concentration! I realise most of you are saying move on, but does the fact that I got a message after the good luck one, mean that she does genuinely want to meet? After all, it was the perfect yext not to respond to if she wasn't!

I'm going to give her a call tomorrow and see if everything's still on! We'll see!

Posted from TSR Mobile

She sounds like she's still interested. Well, as interested as you can be after a couple of conversations with someone. I have no idea why people are telling you to move on. I can only imagine that perhaps people who frequent a social media site expect everyone else does as well.

Half the time I forget to even pick my phone up in the mornings. It doesn't mean anything at all.
Reply 10
Original post by MelanieDickson
She sounds like she's still interested. Well, as interested as you can be after a couple of conversations with someone. I have no idea why people are telling you to move on. I can only imagine that perhaps people who frequent a social media site expect everyone else does as well.

Half the time I forget to even pick my phone up in the mornings. It doesn't mean anything at all.

To be totally honest, I'm probably just over analysing.....EVERYTHING!! Haha!

I'll see what tomorrow brings!

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be totally honest, I'm probably just over analysing.....EVERYTHING!! Haha!

I'll see what tomorrow brings!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so. :smile: Haha, good luck!
Original post by thatrollingstone
You said you would rather meet up and talk rather than text, then why do you expect her to do otherwise?

I know that if it ever came to online dating for me, I would much rather wait until meeting up until I could talk with her intimately than conversely continously via text or online messaging. Not only am I too busy for that nonsense, it's also a repetitive and unnatural way of conversing.

I totally disagree. I met my boyfriend online and we messaged each other 24/7 for like a week before meeting up, I was glad that I was quite relaxed with him :smile: it felt like I knew him and the first time we met up it was for like 9 hours! lol

I do agree with other posts that it isn't to everyones liking. I know a few people who rarely text anyone and that's normal to them. She could just be one of those girls.
Reply 13
Don't overanalyse everything so much or you'll end up seeming too keen.
Reply 14
Original post by Lotus_Eater
Well, now I'm sorry to be pedantic but if somebody uses the wrong word that's a failure of lexical semantics not grammar.

Touché. Although I think the name 'lexical semantics Nazi' is a little long.
I've been on these websites before- I'm female.

I think there is more men than women on there too..

Here's my story...

I did get quite a few messages- which I always gave a genuine reply (as they had taken the time to message me) saying sorry etc..
Unless it was a "Hi" or "Your Fit"

Anyway after 18 month on a site I met a total of 6 people. An funally in a relationship and it couldn't be more perfect!

1) Just joined the site the guy was local and was a rebound as I'd just become single.
2) Messed me about and used me for sex-ironically I'm friends with this guy and we have a catch up every now and again.
3) Literally had OCD was paranoid about getting dirt on the bottom of his shoe, I wasn't allowed to touch anything in his car and had to hold my feet up on the floor mat as he had hooverd stripes into it. Could talk about himself all day and rang me constantly to talk about himself.

4) Met and was just not for me- Sure he was a compulsive liar too.

5) I don't know why I botherd with this one, god it irritates me to think about.
After the first date I went over to his place, said I really don't want to do anything sexually. An then just as I'd said thanks for respecting that, he tried shoving his hands down my pants.

I should have known from that moment he was a 1st class ********.anyway he begged for another chance and I foolishly gave him one.

He told me I was too conversational but he was generally weird, he didn't speak a lot, ither than the look of pull your pants down I want to **** youThis guy was the worst out of the lot!
6) Met up twice in my lunch hour at work, was really uneducated and thought he was gangsta, so I kindly told him I didn't think we were right for one another. He then decided to tell me he was gonna send my photo and have me "gone" which I laughed at. Then two mins later he was apologising.

Then I met mr right :smile: so don't give up!
I finally found somebody.. Been together 2 month early days I know...
But we get on perfect, we share the same interests, hobbies, music tastes. Have so much fun when were together and actually miss him when we are apart.
I hadn't had a relationship with anybody I met up with on there, but this guy was respectfull, genuine, kind and caring and I'm so glad I met him and hope to be with him for a long time!
Non of the other guys felt right for me at all and I always doubted things. But this guy is honestly more than I could have dreamed for :smile: I'm so happy!
Reply 16
firstly, what happened?

second of all in my eyes either she is just leading you on for a bit of attention or she is genuinely interested and just gets busy easily... I wouldn't be too persistent though, you don't want to seem needy... you may like a bit of a douche by not talking to her for a couple days but that's what girls like most of the time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending