The Student Room Group

I just can't meet a girl, i'm so lonely

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Bassetts
How do you know though? It sounds like you're spouting bull**** clichés. Imagine if you had to go till you were 30 and hadn't had a bf/sex? You would probably kill yourself.

I wouldn't kill myself over something silly. I'd probably get off my lazy ass and actually go out and try and find someone instead of sitting weeping on TSR asking people why I can't get a boyfriend. :lol:
Original post by bloomblaze
where/how did you meet you girlfriends? in bars?

Girls that have shown interest have been typically where you expect so! School, uni, work and clubs. I am not for online.
Original post by Potential Trigger
Girls that have shown interest have been typically where you expect so! School, uni, work and clubs. I am not for online.

what happened?

did you approach them and ask them out?
Oh my god Bassetts in this thread has put in one of his top performances of all time. Genuinely a top effort. I once again crown him King of Sadness. You're brilliant mate, you are the funniest person on this website.
Reply 64
give it up and go for the boys - you hang around with them enough, maybe you really prefer boys!?
Reply 65
Original post by Joe4Arsenal17
I started UNI a month ago, I've never had a girlfriend, i'm not bad looking, not the best I know though. it's just every nice girl I meet seems to be in a relationship, and i'm not the kinda guy who can just wander up to a girl in a club and 'pull a move' etc. Just not that kinda guy, never have been. I'm just really having trouble meeting others, my course is nearly all guys, I've joined clubs, tennis and that's mainly guys, not more activities I know of, im so lonely as all my mates all talk about oh ive been with her, seeing my missus etc. I feel so down, just wish I could get a girlfriend. please give me some pointers into how I could

Sometimes I feel the same way trust me, pretty sure you're not the only one mate! I have a lot of pretty friends and If you see them, you wouldn't believe If i tell you that they've been single all their lives! It's not about looks or intelligence or personality, sometimes It's all about the right timing. Like I said, If it's meant to be, then It will be, but If it's not happening, It's just not your time yet, so looks like you gotta be real patient and wait till the right girl comes along :smile: In the mean time, have fun man! You're young and you're in uni! Relationships can wait :wink: AND YOUR COURSE IS MAINLY GUYS? WOOO what course do you take?
Original post by bloomblaze
what happened?

did you approach them and ask them out?

I've only ever asked one girl for a proper relationship, been together since I was 22. I didn't approach the others as such but circumstances meant we got talking and that's how I knew they had interest.

In bars/clubs I am not the kind to go and try it on with randoms PUA style-usually I just chat with my mates and any randoms we bump into. A few times the randoms have shown interest. Also I find you can just tell if they are interested from verbal/non verbal clues than it's up to you to follow it up.

I repeat to date any girl really is not that hard and I don't see why people think it's amazing and devote their lives to improving for this purpose. I would say meeting someone you truly care for and vice versa with a real connection is probably the most difficult thing.
Original post by planetearth
I wish it wasn't true, but it is. We are an incredibly aesthetic and shallow generation.

In general, that is true, but I personally know quite a few exceptions to this.
Original post by Bassetts
that's where you are wrong. you only think this because girls do not openly admit they are shallow.

I think this because I AM a girl and most of the guys I've liked have been below average looking, but I honestly didn't care because they were (well, initially seemed anyway...) lovely, funny, intelligent, etc and I have lots of friends who feel the same way.

I won't deny that many girls are shallow, and whether or not they are a majority, they do not represent ALL girls...
Original post by Little Boots
Oh my god Bassetts in this thread has put in one of his top performances of all time. Genuinely a top effort. I once again crown him King of Sadness. You're brilliant mate, you are the funniest person on this website.

Couldn't have put it better myself. He's a star. Don't think I've ever seen a thread about virginity without the "I'm a 23 year old virgin, never kissed, held hands" bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending